2. Bargain

Sabrina Alexander fought back a yawn, her fingers deftly clutching the pen and pad as she awaited the elderly couple's decision on their order

Sabrina Alexander fought back a yawn, her fingers deftly clutching the pen and pad as she awaited the elderly couple's decision on their order. Her dark eyes roamed the elegant restaurant, each passing minute weighing heavier on her weary frame. She was so, so sleepy.

Exhaustion gnawed at her, a consequence of her own doing. She had spent the entire night poring over her history textbooks, losing track of time with every page turned. She never had enough time in a day. Balancing two demanding majors majors—History and Pre-Law—was proving to be quite the challenge.

It wasn't until the morning light filtered through the windows that she realized her predicament. She had managed a mere hour of sleep, evident from her tired, puffy eyes and dark circles that defied the cover of makeup. And the atmosphere of the restaurant, as beautiful as it was, hadn't helped in the slightest. On the contrary, if anything, it made everything worse.

The gentle light flowing through large windows, casting the space in warm amber hues, and the ethereal classical music fluttering in the background created a relaxed ambiance that made the exhausted young girl much sleepier than she already was.

Sabrina shifted slightly, hoping the customers didn't feel rushed by the action.

La Fleur Lunaire was a Michelin-starred restaurant that boasted an assortment of upscale clientele; businessmen and celebrities who reserved their tables months in advance. Their meals cost a small fortune, with many plates costing well over her monthly grocery budget. The fragrant wines that touched their lips were just as costly, hailing from various corners of the world.

And more importantly, after a wonderful evening in the scenic restaurant, the upscale clientele left a very generous tip.

She had amassed enough savings for a deposit on an apartment and at least eight months of rent from tips alone. So, all she had to do was find a place. Without the favor of Mrs. Özyıldız, she would never have gotten such a well-paying job as a college student or an internship at her husband's law firm next semester.

The sleepy girl squared her shoulders and tucked her chin with that thought in mind. Then, her gaze shifted back to the table before her, and just in time. The indecisive couple turned to her, pleasant smiles as warm as sunlight. She took their orders and briefly returned to the kitchen before returning to the dining area and preparing to face another table.

Mustering up the mental strength she needed, she managed the same saccharine smile. Her husky voice filtered through the air with feigned enthusiasm, "Welcome to-" Her voice died down as she realized just who she was serving.

Leyla Özyıldız and Anastasia Petrova.

Her closest friends stared up at her, eyes glittering mischievously. By the satisfied looks on their faces, her surprise was exactly what they wanted to see.