Ma Fleur

Ma Fleur

×××
29th July, 20XX
Reader's PoV

My eyes took in the busy streets of Clover City. It is but another day, with a boring job to lead a boring life, and a boring life led by a boring person.

I have my mother's beautiful [e/c] orbs, and my father's [s/c] that only I inherited amongst us three siblings. My luscious [h/c] trailed down behind my back, tied in a ponytail. And, with a deep sigh, I stood up and began dusting to end my rather uneventful day.

Business today was very slow. Far too slow to keep me entertained. Perhaps, it was because of the customers coming less and less, or my slowly withering exuberance has finally died within.

Ah, I suppose I could keep myself entertained reminiscing what odd childhood I have. After all, who would have interest in reading an action that is cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaning?

At the age of 13, I met two weird people. If I remember correctly, they are two years older than me, and both are the opposite of the other. I suppose you could compare them to light and dark, or to yin and yang.

One is a black haired boy with sharp eyes. What he wore that day, I don't know, and I probably never will remember. He is the calm one between them, and his mysterious persona drove my curious little self to him.

The other one, an ash-blonde, I presume, is loud but fun to be with. Same with the other person, I definitely don't know what he wore seven years ago. His outgoing self stuck to me as a reminder that I have a friend who seems trustworthy.

We left the village of Hadge due to a plague.

Due to the rush of my panicking parents, I never really bade them my farewell. The world is vast and unknown to many. Travelling just to apologize and say them a formal goodbye seems like a hassle anyway.

Long story short, I bet they're mad and maybe across the globe by now. Let's get back to the real life, ne?

My [e/c] eyes stared curiously at the stranger who came in when I was about to pack up. He has black hair and amber colored eyes. I froze at the stranger whom I do not recognize and went to the counter.

"Excuse me, Sir, but what will you have?," I gestured to the flowers placed neatly around my shop with their names and meanings.

"I would like to browse first, thank you," He spoke calmly.

I observed the stranger. He wore a black, high-collared shirt with long sleeves and brown leather seemingly attached to his wrists and upper arms. Along with it is his light brown pants that is cut above his knees and a belt that crossed each other. He also wore boots and a necklace.

'I wonder who gave it to him...,' I hummed.

"Miss? I would like to buy a dozen of those, and that too," He gestured to the Forget-Me-Not's on the corner, along with the red morning glories.

I nodded,"Is that all...?,"

"Yes,"

Silently doing my job, I took a dozen of said flowers to my workplace, which is, in fact, also the counter to the shop. I arranged them separately in a nice bouquet and handed then to the nice man.

My eyes trailed behind his figure as I watched him draw away from the shop.

'... Strange. I seem like I know him...,'

×××
4th August, 20XX
Reader's PoV

It has been a few days after that encounter with the nice young man. My mood has lifted a little bit after seeing something new. I have nothing against Mrs. Moore and my other usuals, but I want to have a bit of change in the City.