Chapter One

Thanos was bound. Mantis had forced him to sleep, rendering him completely helpless and subject to our heroes will. And Peter Quill had just learned that Gamora was dead, sacrificed in exchange for the soul stone.

He was distraught and angry. He wanted to cause Thanos pain, the same pain he was feeling in the wake of the loss of his lover. His mind was shrouded with grief, and the shouts of his new and old friends couldn't pierce through that. Until Stephen Strange, master of the mystic arts, yelled out:

"Peter Quill! The fate of the universe is more important than your dead girlfriend!"

- Peter Quill -

Peter jerked his head back in shock.

Strange was right, of course. Gamora had been willing to die in order to stop Thanos from finding the Soul Stone, and Peter had promised to kill her if she ever got captured. They were the Guardians of the Galaxy – they couldn't be that if there was no galaxy to guard. They faced death every other day, and though it had never been staring him in the face like this, there was also no worse time to freak out. So he breathed out, stepped back and allowed the being with the most authority in this matter on the entire planet to do what he had wanted to to since he discovered who Gamora's father was.

And Strange completed the deed that he had seen Thor fail to do in a few of the futures he'd seen: he conjured a glowing orange disk and lopped Thanos' head clean off.

- Stephen Strange -

Stephen dropped to the ground. "Right. We have more to do. Making sure he's dead and guarding the Infinity Stones are two of them. But first, we need to go to Earth and help your Earth friends fight in that battle." He thought for a moment. Where to? The battlefield or the base?

The base, he decided. Scarlet Witch was already protecting one Infinity Stone; let's add four more.

"Uh... mister hand-wavy circles dude? Who put you in charge?"

Tony Stark was one hell of a pain in the ass.

"Well, seeing as I'm a sworn protector of the Time Stone – one of those who watch over the universe for any threats to Earth and the only one capable of taking us to Earth within the next two minutes..." He frowned at Tony. "I think that gives me quite a bit of authority, don't you think?"

"Okay, but how are we going to make sure Thanos won't come back? You said it yourself – make sure he's dead and protect the Infinity Stones. I've had enough of people that are supposed to be dead turning up alive and kicking," said the space man.

Stephen nodded as the kid and Drax walked over. "I thought about it. He should be dead since I literally beheaded him, but Stark, can you crush his head with your robot suit?"

"Yeah, sure... Yeah, I'll do that." He walked over to the head of the monstrous Titan which had rolled a little bit away from the body, metal boots clanking on the rocky ground. Lifting his arms, he pointed both hands at Thanos' head, the unseeing eyes of the now-corpse staring upwards. He powered up his suit and blasted the head to pieces, leaving a smouldering lump of flesh where a head used to be.

"There. Bastard's dead."

Stephen Strange, Tony Stark, Peter Parker, Peter Quill, Drax and Mantis huddled together, forming a sort of circle around the fallen Titan. This person had been their antagonist for years, and he was now dead.

Gone.

Stephen swallowed. "Right. Let's get to Earth. There's an army of aliens there and Stark's buddies aren't gonna be able to keep them back for long." He conjured a portal leading to the steel-lined room in Wakanda where Vision was being operated on and sent everyone through, including Thanos' corpse.

Shuri gaped.

A/N:

Hello! In this fanfic, Peter Quill is not a reckless idiot, the one out of 14 million outcomes forseen by Stephen Strange did not involve everyone dying, and I love Beneficial Cucumber!

This fanfic is gonna be pretty short, this is just how I WISH this film could've ended. Holy heck Marvel actually killed everyone I didn't think they had it in them!

Thanks to my beta @ezburn!