Day 1

I set the stack of three boxes I was carrying down on the floor and plopped onto the new couch. It let out a groan of protest and dust flew up around me. I watched it dance in the sunlight streaming in from the window behind me for a moment, letting myself cool down.

I had moved to Florida to attend a special arts program, specifically for musical theatre. Even though it was only a few states bellow my home town of Charleston, South Carolina, it was a new start, and I was still young. A bouncing baby boy, ready to live life on his own and start a new adventure.

It was harder than I thought. I was farther from my family than I'd ever been before, and moving was more time consuming than I'd originally expected. I got an apartment in a brand new building. That was a plus, since it had up-to-date appliances and was fully furnished. All I needed to do was dust some of the furniture and shelves and it'll look good as new.

I sighed through my nose, peeling myself off the black leather of the couch. I looked around at my new living room. It was fairly spacious, able to fit one long couch and two recliners beside it. The tv was mounted on the wall opposite of the couch, with a cute little tv stand sitting below it. A gorgeous black and white rug covered most of the floor, which was a grayish-brown hardwood. It was just my style.

My phone started vibrating in the back pocket, startling me out of my thoughts. I pulled it out, checking the caller ID before answering it.

"Hey, Mom- " I barely got the words out before she interrupted me, rambling on and on about how much she misses me already but is so happy I'm finally pursuing my dream of becoming an actor. I listened for a while, letting her get it all out, before my dad stole the phone, mumbling something about breathing to my mom.

"Hey, Kiddo. Sorry 'bout that, I tried to make her wait until at least seven in the afternoon before calling you," he said apologetically. I smiled at the familiar deep, rich voice, feeling a little more at home.

"It's fine, Dad. Really. I just got all of the boxes into the apartment, actually, so this is the perfect time to call," I assured him, chuckling softly.

Keeping the phone against the ear with my shoulder, I stood and made my way to the kitchen. I hadn't eaten any breakfast, and I was starving. Dad continued checking that I was ok and there was nothing wrong with the apartment. I rolled my eyes when he started choking up, pulling out my old childhood nickname, Sean Bean. It used to bother me to no end when people called me pronounced my name "Seen" instead of "Shawn", and my dad could never pass up an opportunity to tease me.

"Dad, seriously, I'm ok. Geez, you're almost as bad as Mom," I chided him, pressing start on the microwave for my macaroni and cheese.

"Me? As emotional as your mother? Never!" He said, gasping dramatically. I shook my head, chuckling, then said my goodbyes.

Setting my phone on the counter, I sat down on the couch again to eat my mac and cheese. Watching the sublight from the window slowly turn orange with the sunset, I pondered over my new life, promising myself everything would be fine.

I know this chapter was slow and kind of boring, but it'll get better, I promise!

Vote- If you enjoyed this chapter!

Comment- To give me ask any questions or give me advice!

Follow- To keep up with the breathtaking story if Sean and Seth's love!#Seath

Have a Day!
- Ali