Chapter 1

Derek's' POV

"Derek!" A ringing voice called. I sit up from the white doctors table and turn around, finding the source of the voice.

A male about 16, with short honey-brown hair, light brown eyes, pale and freckled walks into the room. When our eyes meet, I feel a pang of pain in my chest. I wince.

"Who the hell is he?" I ask, turning to the person on my right, the one who brought me here, the alpha who somehow knows all of my secrets: Scott McCall.

"My best friend, Stiles Stilinski." Scott answers, crossing his arms over his chest. He turns to Stiles. "Where are the others?"

I glare at Scott "There are more?"

"I told them to get a good night's sleep, and that everything was fine. But I guess I was over-shooting it a bit, wasn't I?" Stiles squints, rubbing the back of his neck and shrugging.

"Like usual." Scott says, shaking his head and letting out a half-laugh.

Stiles huffs and leans against the counter, his eyes checking me out, looking up and down. "What are you looking at?" I sneer, feeling anger bubble in me, my wolf wanting to come out and slit this guy's throat.

He laughs. "Yup. Definitely Derek Hale. As if there was any doubt..."

"How do you know who I am?" I look at the lanky kid, looking at him the same way he was looking at me. Calculating and admiring.

"Because when you're not a skinny 17 year-old you're pretty much a sour wolf and trying to be Beacon Hill's Next Top Wolf." Stiles laughs, his smile spreading from ear to ear. I answer him with a growl.

"Derek." I hear the familiar doctors' voice and look over at Doctor Deaton. "We don't have time to spend with you two attacking each other at the throat, per usual. If we're going to turn you back into your present-day self, we're all going to have to work together here."

"Because we're the only ones who know about this." Stiles says, smirking.

"The only ones who know that I supposedly am really 24 and I changed back to when I was 17." I say sarcastically, as if this is all some sick joke from my Mom and Uncle Peter.

"Correct. And no one else can find out." Deaton isn't fazed by my sarcasm, only confirming my worst fears, looking at the three of us each in turn, checking to make sure we heard him. We all nod in response. "While Scott and I try to figure out from Peter and research how to turn him back, Stiles, you're going to have to watch over him."

My jaw drops. "Him?! Why him? I can take care of myself. I am a Hale after all, plus I don't think at 17 I need a babysitter."

"Because you're not equipped with your memories of these times. Things have changed here in Beacon Hills, Derek. It's not safe. And Stiles is the only one who can help you while we, meaning Scott and I, try to figure something out." Deaton says, looking at me the way a parent would to their child.

"The only human. And a sarcastic one at that." I spit the comment in Stiles' direction. He only shrugs.

"So what? I take pride in my 147 pounds of pale human skin and fragile human bones, making sarcasm my only human defense."

"We're getting nowhere. And fast." Scott brings our attention back to the problem at hand. "Derek, you're going to stay with Stiles, because being with Peter or in your loft is too dangerous and makes you even more vulnerable. Deaton and I are going to find out as much information as we can and once we're done, we'll call you, Stiles, and fill the two of you in. Got it?" The authority in Scott's' voice is overpowering, and I feel myself nodding my head before I can stop it. 

Damn his alpha power.

Stiles pushes his arms off the counter, steering toward the exit. He stops and turns around, raising his eyebrows at me. "You coming or am I going to have to drag you by your little werewolf ears?"

I sigh and look at Deaton and Scott for rescue, but neither are looking at me as they're engrossed in a heavy conversation on where to start their research. They're completely useless, and now I'm stuck with him. I follow Stiles out to the parking lot.

"Which one is yours?" I ask, not really sure  want to know the answer.

Stiles swings his keys on his index finger as he silently leads me to a sky blue CJ-5 Jeep. He opens the passenger side door for me, his face exposing no signs of an evil meaning behind this kind gesture. I get in, not bothering to put on my seat belt as he slams the door, a wince going throughout my body and another pang hits my chest.

Stiles gets in the drivers' seat and starts the car, quickly backing out and swerving onto the road, the tires squealing.

"Shit. Sorry about that. I need new tires. I have forgotten to get them this past week, I've been busy with..." He abruptly stops mid-sentence, a wall going over his features, shutting me out. I frown for some reason, not enjoying the feeling of this boy shutting me out.

I try and reach out to him, to break down that wall, if even a little bit. "Busy doing what?"

Stiles doesn't answer me until he pulls into his dark gravel driveway, the flood lights turning on and covering us in bright light, further darkening the shadows covering his face, his secrets. He sighs. "Busy looking for you."