The Day It Happened...

Bzzz, Bzzz, Bzzz...

My Imparter buzzed in my jacket pocket. It was Alden. "Hello?" I asked. "Oh thank goodness you're there Sophie. I need you to come to Everglen right now. Fitz has had...a problem. Let's put it that way. Anyhow, please come now...it's urgent! Thanks! Bye!"

Bewildered, I ended the connection and shoved it back in my pocket. Racing up the stairs, I grabbed a tin of custard bursts from my drawer that I kept for just such an occasion. Shoving that into my canvas backpack, I also grabbed a quick change of clothes, and jumped in the shower to clean up. Towel drying my hair, I hopped into my boots and shrugged into my jacket. Shoving open the door to the Leapmaster, I yelled Everglen, and stepped into the blinding ray of teal light. 

When the world stopped spinning, I jogged across the lawn and  onto the porch. Ringing the bell furiously, Alden finally answered. Ducking past him, I tripped up the stairs and knocked on the door to Fitz's room, hoping nothing was deathly wrong with him. "Come In..."  Gingerly pushing to door open, I looked around the all too familiar room, only to find my favorite boy in the entire elvin world lying on his bed, sobbing. 

I rushed over, and sat on the floor. I knew from my time in the human realm, that sometimes it's better just to give a boy his space when he cries. Also, sometimes it's just better to be there and not say a word. The best thing you can do for a friend is to just be there when they need you, and FItz needed me bad then.

An hour later, after I had fallen asleep, I awoke to find Fitz's arm around me, and his warm body resting beside me. I closed my eyes again, happy once again.

"Sophie, Sophie!" Fitz whispered, shaking my shoulder. "What?" I replied, still groggy from sleep. "I need to tell you something." He confessed. Now I was really awake. "What is it?" I asked, gently. "I love you. Will you make me the happiest man alive by becoming my wife?" 

I collapsed right there on the rug in Fitz's room, with him holding me from floating away, on a dream.