The Scone Fic

Tony sucked in a deep breath, and knocked on the door to May Parker's apartment, hoping that she was still alive after Thanos had purged half of the universe's population.  Strange had been right, their chance of success was extremely slim.  After all, Thanos had taken a move right out of Strange's book to revive the mind stone.  He also purged Wanda, the one person who could possibly stop him.
May answered the door, confirming Tony's worst fears.
"Oh, uh, Mr. Stark!  What a surprise?"
"Please, call me Tony."
"Is this about the crazy people disappearing thing?"
"Sort of."
"Well, why don't you bring Peter in and we can talk?  I made scones."
For a moment, Tony remembered holding Peter in his arms as the boy began crumbling to dust in his grasp.  "I don't want to go," the kid desperately cried, but there was nothing Tony could do as Peter faded away.  He blinked, and swallowed a hard lump in his throat, trying to hold back his pain and grief.
"May I come in, Mrs. Parker?  And I'm afraid that your nephew cannot join us right now."
Her face fell and she nodded.  "Come in."  He did, and she closed the door behind the two of them.  "I'm sorry the apartment is a bit messy, I wasn't expecting a visitor."
"No need to apologize," he responded shakily.
"Please, why don't you have a seat."  She gestured to a chair.  "I'll get those scones."
Tony was growing more nervous by the minute.  He wasn't sure how he was supposed to tell May that her young nephew she loved like her own son had died while "super-heroing" with him.
"So how is Peter," she asked, the question that Tony was dreading.
"You see, that's exactly why I'm here."
"Are you promoting him?"
"No, I'm afraid I can't do that."
"Then what happened."
"Your nephew... he died in the purge."
Her expression was of pure shock. "What the ****?"
"I'm sorry Mrs. Parker, but Peter has died."
"You son of a ***** better tell me where the **** my Peter really is!"
"He's gone, I'm so sorry."
She was growing more angry, because she was in pain. "I knew I shouldn't have trusted Peter with you! And now he's gone because you dragged him into this dangerous superhero thing." She fell to the ground in tears. "Get out," she yelled as she sobbed, "Get out you ************* metal man!"
"Please, Mrs. Parker."
"No," she screamed. "Get the **** away from me! You took the thing that I love most!"
"That wasn't me."
"Then who the **** was it?"
"It was Thanos. He has all of the infinity stones, and he used them to..."
"No! You should've done something to stop him! What kind of a hero are you?"
"There was nothing I could do."
"Get away from me! Get the **** away from me! Leave me here! Get the **** out of my house!"
"Mrs. Parker..."
"No! Leave! Now!" She screamed and cried and cursed until Tony finally left the apartment. She sat on the floor, sobbing and grieving for the person that she had loved most in the cruel, dark, world. "Thanos," she whispered to herself. "Thanos." Her hands began to form fists. "Thanos! The one who took my Peter away! Thanos," she cried even louder, and pounded the floor with her fists. "Thanos! Thanos! Thanos!" Her fists unfurled, and she sucked in a shaky breath. "My Peter," she whispered in between sobs, "he's gone."
"It was for the best," a low voice chimed.
May looked up, and saw a tall and strong-looking alien, wearing a gauntlet with six different colored and glowing stones on it.  She fell back a little in shock.
"I'm sure you know who I am," the alien said to her in a soothing tone.
"Thanos," she whispered shakily, and wiped the snot from her nose.
"Yes, that would be my name.  And I can assure you, that I too, have experienced loss."
May was silent.  She knew she had to be careful because Thanos possessed all six of the infinity stones, and could easily kill her.
"Grief is awful, isn't it.  But I assure you that death can cause great and new beginnings.  Would you care to hear more?"
May bowed her head a little to him.  "Yes, great Thanos." Then she got up and walked to the counter. "Why don't you sit down and have a scone. They're a delicacy on Earth."
"Of course."
The two sat across from each other, and shared stories about their sort-of-children over scones. After eating and enjoying many of the scones, although May said that she messed up the recipe, Thanos was finally ready to leave. He thanked her before he was about to teleport, and then just dropped to the floor, dead.
May screamed, and Tony burst through the door as the Iron Man.
"What the ****," she shrieked.
"Get back," Tony told her, "I heard that Thanos was here.  Where is he?"
May pointed to the limp form of Thanos on the floor.
Tony stared at the body.  "Oh.  He's dead."
"Yeah, way to be obvious," May yelled angrily, "Now why the **** are you in my house?"
"Because I heard Thanos was here, and I see you took care of him yourself."
"What the ****?  We just sat down over scones."
Tony paused to think for a moment.  "What was in those scones?"
"I don't know?  I know I messed up the recipe quite a bit though."
Tony looked back at the corpse on the floor.  "Can I have that gauntlet?"
"Why the **** do you want that gauntlet?"
"Because I can use it to bring Peter and the rest of the Avengers back to life, and make sure that someone like Thanos can never get the infinity stones, ever.  And then," he paused again, "we can go out to eat."
So they did, and the Avengers (and May Parker) went out for tea and scones.