The New Girls Have Secrets

Eleni and Kaia are twins. Not identical. Not at all. Eleni has red hair and piercing green eyes while Kaia has jet black hair and blue-gray eyes. Kaia is taller by 3 inches. Right now they were driving to the safe house their mother showed them. Eleni was freaking out about what had just happened. She was scared out of her mind trying to make sense out of everything. She was of no help. Stone faced and staring straight ahead. Her hands griping the wheel so tight that her knuckles were white.

This sight scared Eleni. Her sister was the calm one. The one to always reassure her that every things ok. That there's nothing to worry about. But the look on her face and the stiffness in her body told her that there is something to worry about. Her eyes got wide and she looked all around her. She couldn't see anyone, no cars were on the road with them, there wasn't anything threatening around them. They seem safe she wanted to tell Kaia to pull over but as she opened her mouth she felt something in her gut telling not to say anything and to just sit quite for a while.

They were pulling on to a dirt road when Kaia let out a deep sigh. She ran a hand through her hair closed her eyes. That's when Eleni noticed that Kaia's hands were shaking. Kaia was always in control of everything.

"Don't you need your eyes to drive" Eleni said breaking the silence since they left. Kaia opened her eyes and looked at her sister, surprised that she talked.

"Sorry" she said looking back to the road.

"Where are we going?" Eleni said not wanting to go back into silence.

"The safe house."

"What, why?"

"Why do you think?" Kaia said griping the steering wheel tighter and pressing on the gas making the car go faster. Unlike her sister Kaia like the silence it let her think. "It's not safe there anymore."

"Was it ever" Eleni said going into a panic attack. "I mean come on Kaia how many times have we been under attack in the past two years." Five thought Kaia. She knew that they weren't safe at home but they were protected. Key word there is were. There was so much her sister didn't know and Kaia wanted to keep it that way.

"Calm down, it's going to be fine" Kaia said looking at her sister hoping that it would be.

"Your right" Eleni said wishing she could believe her sister, "It's going to be fine."

After that they rode the rest of the way in silence. The safe house was located somewhere that you wouldn't think to look for them. It just so happens to be a ranch that their uncle owns.

Their uncle gave up his title to come out here and live in peace. They use to visit in the summer but that was before the fire. They haven't been here for ten years and were hesitant to come back.