Waking Up in Darkness

( I just like this song, and I hope you enjoy the first chapter!)
'''''''''''''''''''""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Y/N's P.O.V.
Darkness. Not what I see, but what I feel. Feeling unknown. I don't even know who I am. Swirling around in the dark side of life is pretty boring, so I slowly, but surely, open my eyes.
The sun shines brightly through the dusty windows into my windows of life. I peek over the seat that I've been laying in. I'm inside a dirty bus with two kids four seats ahead of me and, wait, a bus driver with a hook for a hand?
The girl had sea-green hair, red overalls, and a yellow shirt. The boy had a tall, brown hairdo, a pair of jeans, and an orange turtleneck.
The girl looked behind her back like she was checking something. I ducked down so she wouldn't see me, but I was a little too slow. I think that she saw me because the first thing she did was poking the boy until he turned around and said something to the girl. She looked at me again and the boy finally saw me. They came in my direction, even when the bus driver mumbled a couple of cuss words that I couldn't hear. -----------------------------------------------------------
Nicky's P.O.V.
Great. She's alive. I poke Neil in the stomach until he turns around and says, "What the hell do you want?" I look at the girl again and Neil picks up the message. We head towards her direction but she looks confused. "Hi, I'm Nicky, and this is Neil. What's your name?" I said to her.
She probably didn't know because she just shook her head. Neil asked, "Can you talk?". She nodded and asked, "How did I end up here?". I answered, "While the Quartermaster was driving, the most majestic wolf that I ever saw, was coming to the center of the road. Before I knew what I was doing, I jumped up out of my seat and took the wheel.".
Neil interrupted her by saying, " The Quartermaster was a little more stronger than her, so he took the wheel back. But instead of the wolf is there, you were. He tried swerving around you, but it was too late. He hit you with the bus, and you hit your head on a huge rock. When we stopped to see if you were okay, you were unconscious and had a pile of blood on a huge, pointy rock in the road. The Quartermaster thought that you were dead, but Nicky and I brought you inside.".
Nicky had something in her hand."You had a backpack with you, so I thought that when you woke up, I would give it back to you." Nicky said.
I gave her f/c backpack back and she immediately looked inside.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Y/N's P.O.V.
Nicky and Neil went back to their seats with quiet expressions on their faces.
The backpack felt heavy in my hands, and I wondered what was inside of it. The first thing that I pulled out was a sketchbook with pieces of paper sticking out. On the pages were drawings of people with weapons in their hands and creepy smiles on their faces.
When there was a picture of a faceless man, a bookmark fell to the floor. I picked it up and read the quote that was inscribed on the rectangular piece of leather. "Never really forget who you are". Ha-ha, very funny. I looked at the back of the bookmark to see a name on the corner of the rectangular piece of leather.
Y/N. My name is Y/N.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Max's P.O.V.
As the bus was getting closer this hell hole, I was already planning my escape. Stupid David. Why does he wear that idiotic smile on his face? The sooner he figures out what's different between reality and fantasy, the better.
When the bus stops, two kids came out of the bus with the Quartermaster. When I looked at David, to see if I could get by without him noticing when I saw David's face go seriously for a full minute.
I didn't have much time to lose. I went on the bus and started it. My plan was working. The vehicle went forward a few feet, and it rode on. A mile later, it went into the forest and crashed on a tree.
I got out of the driver's seat and noticed something on the floor, a sketchbook. I moved toward the object. When I put my hand on the book, another hand reached for the object. A girl. I retracted my hand and looked at the girl.
Looks about 12. E/c eyes. H/c with h/l hair. A big bloody spot on her head. She looked beautiful. She also looked confused. "Hey, I'm Max. What's your name?". She answered, "Y/n. Um, aren't you too young to drive a bus?". I laughed. It felt weird.
She smiled and asked if I had anything to clean her wound. "Sorry, I don't, but I can show you the way to the bandages,". She accepted the offer and I almost never regretted to try to leave Camp Campbell. Almost. Somehow, she made feel as though I was enough.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Y/N's P.O.V.
He took me back to the place where we first were until Max drove the bus into the forest. I asked, "Hey Max, what was that place called that you tried to drive away from? ". He replied," That god-forsaken hell hole is called Camp Campbell. "
We continued the walk to the camp until we saw the four people at the entrance.
-----------------------------------------------------------
David's P.O.V.
Are they ok? After Max took the bus, all I was worried about was the girl. She must have had a bad day if she had to deal with that kind of chaos every day. But when I saw Max with her walking back to camp, I thought that Max finally got to love Camp Campbell. I mean look, if you knew the "old" Max, he would've gone straight for the town to get back into the city.
"Hello new camper, my name is David, your camp counselor for Camp Campbell! Oh dear, ,you're bleeding! Max, take her to the infirmary and after bring her to me so I could show Y/n, Nicky, and Neil the tour of the camp!" Max rushed Y/N to the infirmary. I wonder what could happen...
-----------------------------------------------------------
Y/N's P.O.V.
As we headed into the infirmary, I noticed something strange on my hand. It had a little tattoo of the faceless man that was in my sketchbook.
I just figured that I would do some investigating later. When I directed my head to the path again, a sharp tree branch impaled my arm with a deep cut.
As I watched the blood flow down, I realized that when I received it, the cut didn't hurt. Max looked over his shoulder and saw the bleeding arm. "Y/n, are you okay?" Now that I think about it, I am getting a little dizzy from the blood loss.
He started to pick me up and bolted. "Hey, put me down!" I said. I struggled against him until I got tired. That's when we finally saw the infirmary.
He sat me down on a big metal chair and brought out the first aid kit. When he finished, he looked relieved.
We went back to the red-headed stick boy for him to show Nicky, Neil, and I the camp.
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
~Time skip to after the tour~
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
That was boring. "Well Y/n, your tent is with Max, Nicky, and Neil. See you at supper!" David replied. The four of us headed to a green tent with four beds inside. I put my backpack on a blank bed and head outside.
I see two kids with magic gear, a kid at work with a painting, an "extreme" sports girl, a kid with an astronaut outfit on, and wait, a kid with knives? What type of camp did he participate in?
He came towards my direction and asked if I could walk to the dock and talk to him. "Sure, I guess."
Max saw what happened and warned me to stay away from him. "Would you like to die?" I shook my head and replied, "I would at least like to see what he wants." I walked over to the dock and saw him. He introduced himself as Nerf. Then, just as Max expected, Nerf took my hand with the tattoo, stabbed a knife into it, and pushed me into the lake.
Now I know two things. One, I should never trust Nerf, and second, I can't feel any pain. Is it a condition? It doesn't matter right now. Right now, I'm sinking to the bottom of the lake. Weird. I'm still breathing fine...
-----------------------------------------------------------
Max's P.O.V.
What did he do to her? After I saw him push her into the water, blood came from the bottom of the lake. I took my hoodie off, jumped into the water, and tried to save her.
Well, that didn't work as I planned. When I was halfway to where she was, I realized that I couldn't swim. She looked up to see me drowning and swam up and pulled me to the surface.
After I finally got some air in my lungs, I said thanks to her. "No problem, and if you want me to teach you how to swim, just ask."
Again with the humor. I put my hoodie back on and showed her the way to the Main Cabin.
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
~Time ship to after supper~
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
We went to our tents after supper. Y/n's bed was next to mine, so I started the conversation."Hey, so what is the deal about not listening to me about the bastard that nearly killed you?" She replied, "I don't really know, but now I know that I should never trust that stupid Nerf. It's getting pretty late, so why don't we talk in the morning?"
"Yeah, we should, good night Y/N," I said. "Goodnight, Max," she replied. She turned to the other side and went to sleep.
Before I slipped into the unconscious, I felt a small lump that told me that this was going to be an interesting summer.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Y/N's P.O.V.
After hearing Max's soft snores, I lie on the bed with a question that might never be answered, Who was the Y/n before the accident? But slowly, I'm learning new things about myself.
My name is Y/n. Somehow I can't feel pain. And I might think that I might breathe underwater.
I can't tell anyone my secrets or something bad might happen to me. But I can't worry about that.
The last person I see before falling asleep is a person that looks like David but has blond hair and white clothing. Weird. He's holding a cup of liquid and a huge smile built for murder...