Chapter 1

Living in a life of darkness, Morta has always yearned for the light. She has always wanted to leave this literal hell hole of a planet. And now... it might even be possible.

"Today, the Alfea College of Fairies has announced a surprising new police change. Alfea will be letting a dark fairy attend the school this coming school year. Schools from all over the galaxy have already expressed their worry on this decision even though it was announced a Stellarian yesterday."

What? What? ​​​​​​What?

In all the time Morta had been alive, there was not one moment that could shine a candle to the excitement she felt right now. Her sickly pale skin was leaned forward, eyes spread wide open. The TV's glow illuminated the room, Morta's eyes glued to the figure on the screen.

Alfea will be letting a dark fairy to attend the school this coming school year.

One dark fairy.

The shocked figure leaned back from the TV, no longer paying attention. One dark fairy. It made no sense to her. Why would Alfea, one of the top fairy schools, allow a dark fairy of all things into its premises? Dark fairies only had one school they were allowed to attend, The Fairy School of Tenebris. There, dark fairies were supposed to learn how to control their powers and help make the universe a better place. Instead, fairies learned that if they wished to help the world, they should have been born a light fairy.

But that is not what matters right now. Now, is the time to freak out... with excitement. Morta hopped up from the sunken-in couch and started to jump up and down. Yes. Yes. Yes. My life is finally going to change. I can finally leave. Thank you universe. She sprinted out of the TV room, looking to share the news for her mother.

Morta found her in the master bedroom, sleeping. Even though it was only four-o'clock in the evening, she was not in the slightest surprised. She ran to mother side, placing both hands on her shoulder and shook with all her strength. The mother groaned, showing her dislike for being woken up.

"Mother, guess what was just announced on the television?" Morta's excitement was radiating off of her body, annoying her mother.

"Morta, I do not care about what you heard on the television. Get out of this room right now or I will kick you out of this house." Somna, Morta's mother, growled. "I was peacefully sleeping until you came. Now get out."

Morta, hurried to follow her mother's orders. She shut the door to Somna's room on the way out. Sighing, she shuffled back to the TV. Excitement turned to sadness, Morta collapsed on the couch. Why did I even try? I'm so stupid. I shouldn't have woken her up. Now, she only hates me more. The fairy stared down at her hands, no longer happy for the chance of freedom. I should have known better. I do know better. Nobody cares unconditionally. If I want to get out of Tenebris, I better find a way to do it myself.

That night, Morta went to bed determined instead of excited. The sadness still lingered, but the fairy pushed that down. Sadness will not help me now. I will get off this planet. I will. Get ready Alfea, because the fairy of Death is coming your way.  

~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't own Winx Club. Never have, never will.