Feels Like Home

Zoya turned in her sleep and felt a pair of strong arms around her figure. She got tensed for a moment but relaxed when she heard, "Zoya I am tired, just stay still."

She smiled to herself.

Aditya had been away on a flight. She hadn't realized him slip into bed this time. In the early days of their marriage she would usually awaken. She recalled the first time Aditya casually slipped in beside her.

"Ya Allah, kaun hai? How dare you come into my bed! Mere pati hate honge!"

She pushed against the person to push them away from her and off the bed.

The bedside light switched on. Then the figure peeked their head up.

It was Aditya and he did not look too happy about her outburst.

She sighed.

"Aap ho?"

"Aur kaun, bhoot?"

She smiled slightly at his sarcastic comment.

" Sorry I screamed. I am not used to .."

"It's fine. Abhi humari shaadi huyi hai. Sorry I had to leave you so soon and go but .."

"I caused the issue in the first place. I am glad you are flying again," she whispered.

"Me too, because now when I come back I have you to come back home to. This house finally feels like home with you in it," he whispered.

He pulled her close to himself and she yelped.

He shushed her with a quick kiss and wrapped her up in his arms and the blanket.

The next morning she awakened before him. She gazed at him. What had she done to deserve such a second chance? She traced the scar from her wrist wound. To be with the man who gave her second lease of life, she never imagined it would be like this. She finally realized what Yash had done with her was all false and never really love.

She turned to gaze at Aditya.

Every time she was in trouble or needed a push to keep going, he was attracted to her like a magnet.

He would run to find her everytime. When it was Yash, she had to await his return each time he left her in Mussorie. Aditya fought through every hurdle to make their relationship what it is today.

He slowly awakened and patted the area besides him and his hands found her waist. He caressed her under her night shirt, which was actually was one of his old shirts.

She sighed.

"How is our baby doing?"

She blushed.

"Aditya we haven't really tried for a baby yet. So what baby?"

He opened his eyes further.

"Sorry sapna dekra tha," he muttered.

He sat up and pulled her closer to himself.

"Ek din pura toh hoga na?"

Zoya slowly broke into a smile.

"Aap ko kya chaiye hai, ladka ya ladki?"

"Dono lekin healthy," he said warmly.

"Mujhe bhi. Maine naam bhi soch liye," she said with glee.

"Bolo na."

"Kya?"

"Un dono ke naam."

"Zain for our son and Anya for our daughter," she whispered.

"Zain and Anya Hooda. I like it begum sahibha," her husband declared.

She leaned into kiss his forehead.