the morning after.

for now we have us

for now we have us.

                                         ✰。

as the sun fills the entire city with its peach colour and radiant light, i turn to see your angelic face, your honeydew eyes fully closed, but still, you look alluring and breathtaking all at once. your skin is influenced by silk and is coloured by freckles and your dark brown curls sticks to the dove pillows. you turn your head as you dream about whatever makes you happy and feel less solitude.
        i try not to reminisce about what happened  during the blurry dusk till dawn. though, i still eagerly want to know what occurred as soon as you wake up. maybe i entered too much to drink into my body due to the feelings of sadness and numbness after seeing pomegranate lip stains on my used to be lover's face and a girl of whom i do not know next to him. or maybe i discovered more of your art gallery than i wanted to.
         is that how we truly feel and become when we are  intoxicated due to the bad situations we get put in? do we purposely fall in love with other people so quickly, just to heal our own brokenness? why does it hurt so bad when someone we love falls out of love with us? shouldn't we just fall out of love with them back?
          your honeydew eyes flutter open as the sun gets brighter, and as the sound of heavy waves crashing the shore gets louder. fresh winds blow through the opened windows in your beachfront apartment and your warm honey soul makes me pleased to have a person like you in my aura. you move a little closer to me and you smile.
         you smiled because you were happy that we did not take advantage of each other. you smiled because you were happy that i was okay. i woke up okay and that was all that was significant in this moment.