Chapter One

Skyler

So I know I'm not ugly. But at at same time I know I'm not pretty. I'm somewhere in the middle. It's like I have my days where I feel awesome and know I look hot, but then again I have my days where I don't like anything on me.

By this point you're probably wondering why I'm talking about how I look. Well, this morning my wonderful mother decided to go on a rampage about how I never dress up. She finds something wrong with my hoodies and jeans and just wishes I was more girly like my sister.

Skylinn is my wonderful, better than me at everything twin. Mom loves her because she's into beauty pageants and I'm into soccer. It's not like it's my fault that I'm the jock twin. She got Skylinn and I got Skyler. I got the boy name in this whole twin ordeal.

Anyways, even though I know I'm not the prettiest girl in the world I know I'm not ugly. So why should mom care if I like hoodies and jeans better than skirts and blouses? She shouldn't. I just want to be me, but that's too difficult for mom to grasp. I just don't understand why mom is always on my case.

~•~

"Skyler!" I turn around just in time to see Skylinn walking down the hall in her new heels.

"What?"

"Why are you always so snippy with me?" At that I couldn't help but to roll my eyes. Skylinn thinks she's little miss perfect and everyone should always love her.

"You're too perky for me to not be snippy with." Skylinn huffs and tries to calm down before talking to me again. I can tell by the way she rubs her lips together that she's pissed at me already. Great.

"When are we leaving? It's your day to drive." And she talks. I grab the keys and start walking off towards the door, grabbing my bag on the way. Hopefully little miss princess won't have an issue with me leaving earlier than usual.