I'm Sorry

A/N: feel free to listen to the song while reading. I just thought I suited the mood. (Sorry if you think otherwise)- just swipe across for it. If not. Leave it

***

'Mr Stark? I don't feel so good'

That's where it started. The three words that Tony had dreaded to come from the young boys mouth. Why? He was only 18. He would've finished high school if he didn't drop out. Why he dropped out? The 'internship' was why. He was too much of a caring soul. The neighbourhood Spider-Man. He insisted on fighting claiming that 'he can't be a neighbourhood Spider-Man if there is no neighbourhood'. Yet he still should've sent him home. And he didn't. He didn't. It was his fault he had to be here, in the middle of the galaxy. On an unknown planet. All because he couldn't protect him.
"You're alright," He said. Trying to convince him. Well more himself.

'Save me, save me'

God only knows he wanted to. Clutching onto the smaller boy. If only he had given his love to him sooner. He didn't have any father figure and he was like that for him. The two sides were there. Tony just didn't cross it. He just wants to take this kid home to his friend and his Aunt May. God she would kill him. But it felt like this would hurt way more then any torture.
He felt completely useless. More scared then he had ever been.
Before the beginning.
Before being captured.
Before Ultron.
Before the Civil War.

Before Peter.

'I don't want to go, I don't want to go'

He clung onto me desperately. He held him tightly. He was scared. Tony was scared. It was his fault. This was some foolish plan from Thanos to make him live with the guilt. Of not being able to save him. Saving him. He wanted to. He could've. Should've. Yet he didn't. There were so many things that could've prevented this. If only he sent him home. Not to this messed up of a place. Dying. In his arms.

'Mr Stark, please. I don't want to go'

We crashed onto the ground. Peters legs giving way. He looked down at him. Tears rolling down his cheeks. He was petrified. Tony wanted to comfort him. Tell him that he wasn't going to die. That this was a dream and he could wake up and live out a full and happy life. But he can't. The guilt creeping up and swallowing him whole. Swallowing the lump that had formed in his throat. He stretched out a hand and moving peters head to a much more comfortable position laying him down. This wasn't right. Laying him down on this wreck of a planet to rest, so far from where he should be. He intertwines his hand in the other boys.

'I'm sorry'

He's too scared to blink. Convinced that Peter would just disappear as soon as he did. He muffled a sob that was desperate to escape his mouth. He allows himself to blink. Tears rolling down his own checks as he watches the boy he called a son disappear. 'Ashes to Ashes' they would say. They feeling of peters hand in his disappears and leaves behind ash and a ghostly print.
He was alone now.
Truely alone.
"You have nothing to be sorry for," he quietly whispered. His head dropping forward as he gave up holding back the sobs that wracked his body. "I'm so proud".

I'm sorry.

***
A/N:
Soo... I'm sorry this is so bad. I haven't wrote in a while and I felt like I needed to do something to help with my emotional state (lol ;-;).