My Beloved Prince

"Loki! Stop!"

The little boy ran away while laughing. I've spent 5 minutes chasing this small devil now. We had some fun playing but it was time for bed.
I vanished just to appear again in front of him. Loki bumped into my legs and I picked him up.

"That's unfair!"

"No Loki, because you are the one who tricked me first."

I put him back down and jumped behind a pillar on the right. I got a hold of his arm before he could flee a second time. As I looked back his mirage dissolved into glowing sparkles.

"You are getting better but still, I won."

I grinned.

"So now you have to follow my will and prepare for bed."

"But I'm not tired at all!"

He rubbed his eyes as he gainsaid his fatigue and a soft yawn left his mouth. I bent down to meet him at eye level.

"Listen Loki, if you are ready in ten minutes I will tell you a story. Alright?"

He nodded happily and couldn't wait to get into his bed chamber.

"Excellent! Hurry up then!"

As soon as I set the little boy free he dashed away. I shook my head and smiled.

"Now if you would fulfil this wonder with Thor you'll have my thanks."

I faced all-father Odin, king of Asgard.

"My Lord you know that I'm capable of doing so."

I bowed before him but he immediately grabbed my shoulder and pushed me carefully back up.

"Of course I do and you know that you are like my own flesh and blood Lysandra"

"My Lord-"

"You are Thor and Loki's big sister and Frigga views you as her daughter too therefore you don't have to act like you're not part of the family."

He caressed my cheek and then left me behind. I stood there for another few seconds.
After thinking about what he said I disappeared into the night to tell my beloved prince a bedtime story.
However Loki wasn't there when I entered his room.

"Loki? Where are you?"

Sometimes he hid under his bed when he was scared or didn't want to attend his swordsmanship training.
I used my magic to let the bed float above the ground but there was nothing. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Loki Odinson! Instantly come out of your obscure retreat!"

I started panicking. Normally he would follow my command.
I paused for a moment to settle my thoughts.
Where's Loki? Did something happen to him? What if someone abducted him?

"Loki!"

I stormed off, my thoughts troubling me. I knew I shouldn't have let him go on his own. He's still so small in height and fragile.
My mind already went through the worst case scenarios of what could've possibly happened to my little brother; all ending with my bloodstained hands.
My feet automatically led me to my own chamber. I was about to open the door when I suddenly heard a noise from inside. I drew my dagger and entered.
The silk curtains around my bed where still moving so I figured that the intruder would be there.
I wrenched off the curtains, my dagger poised to attack.
My body froze and my eyes widened in shock as I saw Loki sitting in front of me, holding something black in his arms.

"Loki."

I could only whisper. Tears formed in my eyes as I dropped the dagger on the floor.

"What are you doing here?"