Worth while?

Emily could feel the pounding pain dart through her head as she slowly opened her eyes,exposing herself to the sunlight blinding her though the window and making her headache 5x worse. She had known from then,that watever they did last night was a bad idea and the torture she was feeling now was not worth it.

*Flashback*

They had just solved a case where the unsub was kidnapping teenagers,torturing,then dumping thier bodies in family parks a week later.It had been a hard case to crack and they all were in true need of a break.

It was all Morgan's idea. After finishing their reports most of the team had just planned to go home and sleep the rest of the weekend off but morgan had decided that it would be fun to go out and have a couple of drinks.

Rossi played the "im too old for that,you kids have fun" card and Garcia was out with Kevin so it was just Emily Morgan, Hotch,Reid and Jj.

As soon as they got there,Hotch went to grab the drinks and they all went and took a seat at the far corner of the club. Emily's eyes were exploring the dance floor when she saw this young couple slowly swaying to what was obviously a very upbeat track.She felt her heart sink a bit when the couple leaned in to kiss each other.She had been single for almost 2 years now and had missed the intimacy that came with being in a relationship.She had,had her eye on someone for quite a long time now but she knew it was a lost cause so she never thought anymore of it than a silly little crush!

"Emily?"She turned around to see Jj Reid and Morgan staring at her."you ok?" Morgan said quietly with a hint of confusion in his voice.

"Yeah course i am,why wouldn't I be?"she looked at them,trying to make eye contact so they wouldn't suspect anything.

"Its just that you've been staring at the dance floor for nearly 5 minuets now!"Jj chuckled ,giving up on the smile she had been trying to hide."Is there something wrong??"she added, slowly reaching across the table to brush up and down Emily's arm.

How did she know?Am i really that obvious?Pull yourself together Emily or your going to make the team suspect something!. "No,no absolutely not, I'm fine i just got a little side tracked i guess!"she quickly reassured her friends,giving off a cheesy grin whilst doing so.

"So what was so interesting??"Morgan smirked as he scanned the dance floor and searched for what ever had Emily so distracted.

"Ah i was just looking at these couple dancing,there so sweet"she explained as she looked and gestured to the couple still dancing.

"He's a bit young for you Em,dont you think?!!!"Morgan teased raising and eybrow at his friends when she briskly turned around with a shocked look on her face and hit him playfully on the arm.

"Ha-ha very funny morgan"she said sarcasticly glaring at him.

"Hey what you guys talking about?"Emily was to busy chatting with Morgan that she didn't realise Hotch walking towards the table with their drinks.

"Oh nothing much,just general chit-chat" Emily answered quickly so Morgan or Jj couldn't answer before her.

She slid across so Hotch could sit down next to her and he handed out their drinks.They had all talked for a bit before Morgan was summoned by his usual wave of women and Jj had convinced Reid to come dance with her.

"So hows jack??" She started awkwardly before turning to face him.

"Yeah he's good thanks,hes actually at a friends house tonight,umm Peter i think?"

That means an empty house and an empty bed to go back to again...Great(!)

It was emily that brought him out of his thoughts with a light nudge on the arm and a 'earth to Hotch ,anyone there!?'