Introduction

The day I lost my home was the worst day of my life. I lost everything in a matter of days. My parents, my aunts, uncles, and grandparents... 

Maybe I should start from the beginning? Yeah, that would be a good way to start this...

I was the first to be born and my parents, Lucianna and Colden Bennett, decided to name me Lucia, a shortened version of my mother's name. As I grew up, I learned a lot of things and seen a lot too. My whole world changed though once I heard that I was going to be a big sister. 

The day I heard my mother was pregnant I couldn't stop dancing and cheering. Mom and dad wouldn't stop smiling. We were all happy, then 8 months later, he was finally born. 

He looked like me a lot and it was almost like looking at a baby clone of myself. When I first saw him, I stared like I was in a trance, I just couldn't stop looking. "May I hold him?" My two-year-old self-asked. 

My father picked me up and placed me on the bed so that I could hold my baby brother. My mother passed him to my father who helped me hold my brother correctly. I held him as lightly as possible, afraid that I might break him. 

My mother wiped her eyes as she watched with tears of happiness in her eyes. 

"Hello there," I cooed softly. "I'm your big sister, Lucia." He gave a tiny baby smile, which in turn, caused me to smile happily. I placed my finger on his stubby little hand and he grabbed it as tightly as he could, which wasn't very tight considering he was a baby. 

I didn't think I could be so happy and this proud to be a big sister. "Lucia, sweetheart, would you like to name him?" Mom asked. I looked at her and nodded.

I choose the name Cody because the name reminded me of daddy's name. They ended up loving the name I picked and that's exactly what we named him. 

As the years went on we both aged and grew a couple of inches. Utopians don't normally grow over 5'0, which is the tallest a Utopian could grow. The average Utopian grows up to be 4'3 or 4'5, I think.

Cody and I were a lot closer than I thought we would be. We both were inseparable. It was like we were glued to the hip. We were always together, literally. Where ever I was he was and vice versa. 

 It was like we were both connected, whenever one of us needed something, the other one knew immediately. If one of us were sad, the other would cheer the other. 

A couple of months later after I turned 5, Mother started teaching me about my powers. I knew that Utopians had powers but it still excited me to no end. My mother started with an easy basic, summoning weapons. 

So, from what my mother told me, Utopians can't just summon whatever weapons they want. Whatever weapons your parents are able to summon are what is passed down to their children. So, Mom was able to summon a scythe and dad had a sword. 

Since I was a beginner, Mom told me how to summon my weapon. You need to call your weapon out, not literally but mentally. 

I wasn't sure how to call my weapon and it was very frustrating trying to figure it out. Turns out that most Utopians could summon their weapons without even thinking.

I sighed and eventually gave up, upset that I couldn't do it as easily as she could. She saw my frustration and smiled. She ruffled up my hair and said, "Don't worry sweetie. You're going to get it one day. You just have to keep practicing." 

I sighed and nodded, deciding to see what Cody was up to. I walked into our room that we both shared. We both had our own bed, but we normally shared a bed so we could cuddle more often. We were both so tiny that neither of us really took up much space.