Prologue

The Weekend. Finally! Time to kick back and relax. The house was gorgeous in the summer. Its two stories were giving it the more country, yet modern feel. The door was red, the shutters, and roof were a type of dark blue. Almost like a sapphire crystal colour. The pond in the back, was beautiful with the sun shining above it. She couldn't believe her last year before college had just passed her by! She didn't know where she was going to college. She just wanted to enroll for a good one, for nerds, and smart people. She was both. She couldn't think of what she should be, a science teacher, or a lab scientist. She was sure she loved science so, she knew it had to be science. She adored science more than you ever could love something, or anyone. So, she enrolled for a college near her. "Yes, my name is Alex and I'd like to enroll here Withilacoochee Please." She speaks over the phone anxiously.
"Yes, how much experience do you have in scientific researches?" The Dean spoke loudly. She could tell already he was never going to accept her. So she said the truth, and gave it a shot, "Since Middle school... It's okay if you wouldn't want to accept me, however, I am very smart I'll have you know! I would love to be a science teacher!"
" Well, I could tell how greatly you would appreciate being chosen so... Yes! You may enroll here at Withilacoochee. Yes. "
"Really?! I... I can? Oh my! I thought you would reject me! Thank you so much! You wont regret it! I promise!" She excitedly, (inappropriately) yelped with joy. She was jumping for, not only joy, but wishful thoughts. She had never doubted herself. She knew if she thought she could, then she really could!
"I hope I wont dear. See you soon. Bye bye now hon'." He hoped and prayed that night he didn't make the wrong decision.