Chapter One

"C'mon BlackJack!" Percy Jackson prompted his black pegasus, trying to get him to start flying.

They were stood on Half-Blood Hill, and BlackJack stubbornly would not move.

Boss, I don't want to fly today. BlackJack neighed with annoyance.

Percy could understand what BlackJack was saying because he was the son of Poseidon, who created horses out of sea foam.

"We need to go! There might be demigods in trouble!" Percy said, yanking the reigns.

Fine. BlackJack neighed, which Percy took as a grumble.

They took off, and the wind blew in Percy's hair. He grinned, and looked down at the ground below.

The sun was starting to set as the flew over Star City, Arkansas.

Percy had seen in the news about the Green Arrow and his friends, and how they saved the city multiple times.

Some sort of force hit BlackJack in the ribs, and he kicked Percy off his back.

Percy fell five hundred feet down, landing in front of a woman. The woman let out a gasp, and knelt beside him.

He was alive, but his vision was starting to fade.

He stared at her face, and into her eyes.

Her green eyes were full of panic, yet her facial expression was calm. She looked no older than thirty. "Hold on," She said, "I'm calling an ambulance."

"Don't call an ambulance." Percy said, trying to sit up.

"If you don't go to a hospital, you'll die." The woman said, taking his wrist.

"I have a baggie in my pocket." Percy said, coughing. "Take it out."

The woman gently took the bag out of the pocket of his jacket, and looked at it. "I don't think crackers are going to help you."

"They're not crackers." He said, taking the bag off of her. He opened it, and popped contents in his mouth. "It's nectar and ambrosia."

The woman scrunched her brow. "What?"

"It's hard to explain." Percy said.

"Come here." The woman stood, and held out her hand. "I'll take you back to my place, and you can spend the night."

He nodded. "Thank you."

The woman smiled. "You're welcome," she looked at him, "what's your name?"

"Percy, Percy Jackson."

"I'm Laurel, Laurel Lance."

As his head started to clear, he made eye contact with her. "Nice you meet you, Laurel."