Chapter 1

"It's me." Keith hailed the castle, and a slight sound of pleasure arose from the opposite line. "So don't blast me. I have someone you have to meet."

"Keith, welcome! We're looking forward to seeing...whoever it is with you." Allura greeted him, and he could practically picture the smile spreading on her face. "Please dock in hanger XX-Y59. All others are being used by Galra civilians, freedom fighters, and of course, the...Lions."

"Of course." Keith nodded, glancing behind his shoulder at his mother. The latter stood in a corner, her arms crossed, slightly bent over by the slope in the ship. Her yellow eyes were downcast, her purple skin shadowed by her mullet. "We'll be there in a minute."

Krolia raised her head as he shut of the coms, a curious expression written on her face. "They'll let us in just like that?" She snapped her fingers, making sure to put a certain air to it. "I thought there'd be more to it then that."

"Eh. They're not the best at security, but I like it that way, because they don't put in too much fuss in my visiting. Can you imagine that every time Kolivan gives us a break, we have to answer hundreds of questions just to enter the castle?"

Krolia snorted at his statement. "You did that to me." She recalled her son collapsing at her feet after she admitting her origins, and then, as soon as he came to again, bombarded her with questions. "And may I say, that is not proper behavior for a son."

"It is when his mother has been missing for fifteen whole years." Keith grumbled, gently easing the pod forward as he pulled the topic back to his friends. "I wonder how they're all doing. I haven't spoken to them for a few months."

A soft smile touched Krolia's face as she remembered something from long ago. "I felt that same way after leaving the Blade to go to Earth, leaving you and your father, and after being sent to that base. I know how you feel."

Keith glanced at her, a question on his lips, but one he didn't dare ask until Krolia prompted him. "Why DID you leave us?" He ventured, worry lacing his brow.

"I was immature back then, only seeking after my own glory. After having you and A...uh, I left. To go to space again, to look for my destiny."

Keith pressed a button and the chair backed up to the point where he could stand up. He pushed himself to his feet as the pod, which was in autopilot, pulled into the hanger, hovering. "And who?!" He demanded, pressing his palms to his hips as he arched an eyebrow.

"That...that was a misspeak! I mean...er, uh...I hate it when you back me into these situations. Just like your father." Krolia was making a vain attempt to change the subject, to distract Keith until further notice at the very least.

Keith would not be swayed, however. He deftly raised his noise, a motion he was accustomed with. "And WHO?! Are you saying I have a sibling?"

"I don't want you to get your hopes up, she left me three human years ago. She may be dead."

"So basically you're saying I have a sister." Keith sniffed, arching a black eyebrow quizzically at at her.

"I...guess I am. Somewhere. She may be in a grave somewhere."

Suddenly a memory surged back Keith, a black and white sword pressed against a gun, a young women's young eyes narrowed into slits as she stared at him. And then another memory occurred to him. Back to back the two spun, sniping and slicing at the tan blobs, a perfect duo. He remembered her teammates shouting for her, and his lips instinctively formed the words, almost without his brains consent. "Acxa."

Krolia's face seemed to lengthen as she stared at him, her mouth dropping open as her eyebrows reached in the opposite direction. "Acxa." She repeated. "You've met? Or at least...heard about her?"