Retrouvailles

Season 80 just ended. They lost, and there is nothing she can do about it. Tears were already pouring for some, the others were trying to stand strong and tall, while some, they are smiling amidst their loss.

Tears, because they felt like they did not do their best, that they're not good enough, and that they failed. Smiles, because finally after an exhausting season it's finally over and they get to have the break they all deserve. Brave hearts, they may came in short today but they knew that next season will be something new. Some are leaving but in the bright side there'll be something coming and it'll be better.

But for one, confusion is the most evident thing that is bugging her. Confusion on why they lost when they did their best, when all they just wanted was nothing else but to win. Whether she should start on the real world and start learing what's in for her outside college or stay with her team and bring back the crown in Katipunan. But what's bugging her the most is why does she have to feel so much pain when there's nothing wrong she did that she can think of. You see, Bea's problems were like a stack of pancake, one on top of another.

For the past two weeks, her relationship with Thirdy had been on and off. They've been fighting about the pettiest things. Who would think that a petty fight would last for days?

"Beatriz may bisita ka ata, Dani daw pangalan"

"Sige po manang, papasukin niyo po"

"Ate Beaaaaa!!! I miss you so much mag paramdam ka naman"

"Super na miss mo ba ako?? Can't you wait for tomorrow?? HAHA"

"I missed you so much eh"

The two had unlimited "chikas" especially Dani, it was like they haven't seen each other for years when it was just weeks. They talked about how busy they got as it was almost the end of the semester and how EXTRA stressed Bea is since she is graduating. Dani was really itching to ask her "ate" about her last playing year but she felt that she still wasn't ready. But there was one thing or topic that she just can't ignore.

"Ate what happened?"

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"One day kuya Thirdy and you were happy with everything you do, happy with the smallest things"

"I honestly don't know Dani, suddenly I felt like I made a wrong decision with him."

"No ate, there is nothing wrong with you loving my kuya. What's wrong is that you both rushed things, there were too many shippers pushing you two to be together"

"I feel like they were partly the reason why we were in a relationship so soon, na-excite siguro kaming bigyan sila ng mga ganap. We should've taken our time in getting to know each other more before we made things serious. And now our relationship is suffering because we rushed things"

"I'm not going to question your love because every one can see your love for each other, but ate if the reason why you two are together is because of others parang nakipag arrange marriage ka lang din, the only difference is that in your situation you love your partner, but you were still forced, the time isn't right yet eh"

For a while there was a short silence, Bea trying to process what Dani said, and Dani trying to put in to words what she's about to say next.

"Ate?? Pwede mag suggest?"

"Hmm? Go on."

"Try to have a break, stay away from everything that is stressing you out, and if that includes me okay lang. Basta when you come back promise me na you'll be okay na and you'll do whatever you feel is the best thing to do and you'll be happy na ha?"

Bea nodded and genuinely smiled for the first time in weeks

"Dani, why are you telling me these things? I mean your kuya is just a room away from you, why go here when you can say the same things to him"

"Because I know that di niya gagawin yung sinuggest ko. That even if it hurts, kuya won't take a break from all the stress. He's so stubborn sometimes, he thinks of the present only when looking in to the future can be the answer. I think they're right that sometimes you'll have to back down to go forward. I mean I still want you to be my sis-in-law that's why you two to have to fix your problems right now hehe"

"Thank you for being here and telling me this things. Thank you for being the "ate" in times I can't"

"No problem, you will always be my ate whatever happens whichever path you take"

With that conversation, Bea, again ghosted everyone. She stayed away from everyone and everything that reminded her of the season 80 loss and HIM. She spent time with her high school friends and family. Focused on all the requirements she needs to finish before she graduates, and of course she did what Dani asked her to do.  She tried to look for herself, tried to look for the right answer only to realize that the reason she got lost was because she's been asking her self the wrong questions.

She should be asking "Why should I do to improve and be stronger next season" rather than "Should I leave or stay", it was obvious that she wanted to stay , she was just AGAIN too excited to see what is in for her "outside", she wouldn't want to repeat the same mistake twice.

And most importantly instead of asking whether to stay with him and fight every obstacle they face or should they part ways and fight different obstacles, she shouldn't be asking any questions because she knew that she loves him and when you love a person you shouldn't be questioning your love for one another.

"Damn it", Beatriz said as she really wanted to go to Cainta already but was too scared. But then fear won't stop her anymore from doing what's right and what she loves.

The drive to Cainta was really deafening. It was too silent that she can hear her hearbeat beating so fast. Her thoughts being occupied with the different possibilities that can happen.

She was too pre occupied that she didn't even realize that she was already in Ravena's home for around five minutes.

Thirdy was having hard time to sleep thinking of the results of all projects he just crammed, can you imagine our very own turtle cramming and doing things really fast. As he was just about to sleep he heard an engine, he first ignored it but then few minutes later he can still hear it. So he went down stairs to check it, only to be surprised, the ghost finally decided to show up.

It was actually Bea.

"Thirds, I  uhm I-"

"Where have you been?" bea was shocked, she was suddenly enveloped by a very tight hug. She felt everything that he was feeling because of the hug. The sadness, pain, and relief. Strange that only a hug can make her feel those and in addition she realized something again, that home is him

"I am so sorry for ghosting every one out, but I felt like staying away from everything will help me find myself again I felt like I've lost everything in just a snap but you were just there and I just ignored the fact that you were ready to listen to my problems but I'm the one who doesn't want to share it. But now I think I- wait no scratch that. I know that with my so called soul searching I found myself again and I'm ready to go home"

"I missed you so much Isabel, next time please tell me naman or inform me I was so worried what if may nangyari sayo? The fact that I'm not with you already frightens me pano pa kaya yung I don't know where you were?"

"Let's continue what we had and take thing slowly this time?"

"Being a turtle, isn't so bad after all", Thirdy replied.

"You know what, Dani told me that you got mad at her because she made me stay away from you." Bea said.

"My sister just made my love stay away from me, who wouldn't get mad. But honestly I think she did the right thing, I think I'll have to say thank you"

"We will thank her, together"

They spent the whole night telling each other stories of their own. Their adventures when they had a "break" from all the stress, and they plan on doing all those together soon.

One step at a time.