Season One, Episode one: Purgatory

When you first see Wynonna you don’t know that it is her at first because he name isn't mentioned for a while but if your put two and two together you can pretty much figure it out in two to three minutes of when the episode starts.

When a fellow passenger on the bus goes into the woods at night to use the bathroom things turn dangerous really fast. Everyone but Wynonna wants to just get as far away from the area as they can when they hear the passenger scream and other words noises. Wynonna is the only one who wants to help so she gets off the bus showing for the first time her fearless side. As she walks into the woods the bus pulls away leaving the two because let's face it they are nothing but a bunch of wimps.

When she goes to find the fellow passenger she finds her head detached from her body with it nowhere in site. A guy who doesn't look normal comes and starts fighting Wynonna and in my opinion Wynonna isn't that good of a fighter. I guess I could give her credit for trying but even if you are trying you could still get killed. When her phone goes off with a happy birthday tone you can see something inside of her change. She gets up and kicks the guys ass before stabbing him in the eye.

As the episode goes on the theme song, ‘ Tell That Devil’ comes on and I honestly can't get enough of the song. If you haven't listened to the full song yet you should definitely go and check it out.

A little after the theme song you are introduced to Gus at her husband's funeral, you can tell that she loved her husband. Gus is actually the first person to say Wynonna's and her sisters names.

Not long after that you see cops in the woods and one is a detective. You don't know his name yet but you find out as the episode goes on. When I first saw Dolls my thought was that he takes his job seriously, maybe a little too seriously if you ask me.

As more of the episode passes you can see that she is a black sheep of the town and I can definitely relate with that, well maybe I'm not a black sheep but a rainbow sheep.

She goes into a bar called Shorty's and while she is there a guy named Carl comes up to her and while they are talking he mentions a course. Of course at this point in time we don't know what the course is, well maybe you did if you read what the show was about. When I first heard the course mentioned though I didn't know anything about it so it made me wonder what was in store with this case.

While she is interacting with Carl a guy with a baby face walks up and his name is Champ. When I saw Champ and how he acted I thought that he is a boy with only one thing on his mind and he definitely wasn't using the brain in his head but the brain located somewhere else. When I found out that he is dating Wynonna's sister though and still tried to sleep with Wynonna I got the impression that he is a class a dick head.

While Wynonna and Champ are in what we come to find out is Waverly's room Wynonna thinks that no one will come in to save him. She was wrong though because someone walks through the door shooting at her. We find out not to long after that the one who is doing the shooting is Wynonna's sister Waverly. When Waverly came through the door shooting I could help but to think about how much of a badass she is.

As you watch the episode even more you see Malcolm with an eye patch over his eye and if you didn't pay close attention to what the guy in the woods looked then you could have missed that they are the same people. If you didn't think he was evil before when he killed the chick from the bus and removed her head then there is no way that you wouldn't have found him evil when he tour Carl's tounge out of his mouth.

When the course is mentioned for a second time in the episode Wynonna tried to deny that there even is a course and I think that is because the town people had made her feel like she was crazy and even had her locked up.