Imaginary Friend

When I was little I had an imaginary friend, but mine was.....well she was a bit.... different. Her name was Sherry, alright fairly normal, and she was see through, okay, but I can't tell you yet what was the worst. I'll have to tell you the whole story for you to understand.

I was around 8 when I first met Sherry. Yeah, a bit old for an imaginary friend, but I was still a kid and I often got bored so I'd go to the playroom in the basement and play dolls with Sherry.

Things went on like this for a while, it was great, I knew Sherry wasn't real but I still played with her almost everyday. When I turned 9 Sherry told me she would have to leave, I was very disappointed, but she said she'd do one last thing with me. I was ecstatic, Sherry and I walked down to the playroom, I went over to the dolls but Sherry motioned me over to the toy chest.

 "I need you to do me a favor Isabelle" she said.

"What do you need Sherry" I asked.

"I can't move this, can you slide this over just a little" she said, motioning to the toy chest.

"Okay!" I said quickly using all my weight to shove the large toy chest out of the way.

Behind the chest was a small door, just large enough for an adult to crawl through.

"I need to go though that door" Sherry prodded.

"I'll come with you!" I pleaded.

"As soon as you see me off, I want you to promise me that you'll go back upstairs and tell the neighbors, okay?"

"....okay, why?" I questioned.

"Don't worry, it's just so that you don't get stuck down here." 

We both crawled though. It was a narrow tunnel, only about the length of a small hallway, it lead out into a room. I looked around the room, horrified. 

There, nailed against the walls of the room were the corpses of my grandma, my uncle, and a little boy around my age. Just then, as I was about to scream, Sherry disappeared. I scrambled out of the room and the house and the house as fast as my little body could move. I didn't even pay any mind to the fact that mom and dad were both in the kitchen sharpening knives for dinner.

26 years later and it still terrifies me. It turns out mom and dad had had another kid before me, but he had gone missing 9 years ago. My uncle had been "kidnapped" 6 years ago. And my grandma had "ran away" from the nursing home 3 years ago. 

Sherry had saved me before it was my turn to go. The one thing to this day is that I have never figured out was, who, or what Sherry was. But recently what terrifies me the most is that my husband has been acting really distant lately, and my daughter says that she has a new invisible friend named "Sherry".