the beginning

HOT NEWS: Luke Hemmings, famous playboy billionaire, has been spotted with sexy brunette actress, Brinley Hathaway! The pair was seen leaving Luke's Malibu beach house at 8 am on Sunday! The billionaire walked Brinley out to her limo and with a quick kiss on the lips, she was gone! Could Brinley and Luke be this summer's next IT couple?! #BRUKE

carmen scoffed, throwing the magazine down to the ground. "god josie, how can you stand to read this crap?"

the other girl scrambled from her seat at the beauty salon, falling onto the ground to retrieve her precious magazine as the hair stylist glared at her. she hugged it protectively, sliding back into her seat. "it's not crap. it's professional journalism about real people."

"those people aren't real! brinley hathaway is probably one of the snottiest girls alive. and luke hemmings," carmen snarled. "don't get me started on him. he's been handed everything in his life. he has no personality! he's just a limp noodle in ray bans and an armani suit!"

joslyn pouted. she covered the ears of luke hemmings on the cover of her magazine. "shhh, he'll hear you."

"if you weren't my little sister, i'd lock you away in a mental asylum for worshipping him so much." carmen sighed.

"i'm gonna meet him one day," the younger girl said with a dreamy look in her eyes. "i'll charm him with my
wit and he'll fall madly in love with me. we'll live in his malibu beach house during the summer and manhattan apartment in the winter. we'll have six kids."

carmen shot up from her seat, her hairdresser scoffing at her. carmen sheepishly smiled at the woman before turning back to lunatic sister. "josie, you are sixteen. luke hemmings is not only a world renowned billionaire, he's also twenty two. so right now, your little dream is illegal."

"true love isn't illegal." joslyn retorted, sticking her nose back into her teen magazine.

"try telling that to the los angeles police department. " carmen muttered as she went back to digging through the job listings. after a few minutes of endlessly scrolling through menial jobs offers, she slammed her phone down and sighed.

joslyn noticed. "anything good this week?"

"if you count working as a coal miner or taxi driver as good, then yeah!" the older sister said sarcastically.

"hey, it's okay." joslyn said comfortingly, rubbing the other girl's arm. "you'll find a job soon, trust me. and we always have the savings mom left behind for us."

"no, josie. that's your college tuition right there and we're not wasting that on rent. if things get too hard we can always stay with mila."

"okay," josilyn said just as carmen's phone lit up with a text. both girls leaned in to read it.

mila <3: gurl i am 2 tired of watching u sit alone on the couch on friday nights. U SHOULD BE PARTYING. massive party in beverly hills tonight. be ready and looking like ur fine ass self at 8.

"speak of the devil." carmen grumbled, shutting off her phone.

"you have to go! it's a party in beverly hills, when have you ever been invited to a party in beverly hills?" joslyn exclaimed, jumping in her seat as the hairdresser glared at her again.