Hidden Love

Avery kept looking over shoulder as she walked deeper into the forest. He told her to meet him in the clearing, in the middle of the forest. The farther she walked the darker it got. Every once in a while she would hear twigs snap. She didn’t think anything of it though. She never entertained the thought of someone following her. She continued to walk, stepping over roots and fallen trees in her path.

Avery finally reached the clearing after about an hour, and was amazed at the sight before her. The clearing was full of red flowers with petals so bright they seemed to shine in the sunlight. Avery removed her shoes and stepped into the lush grass. She sighed at the softness that caressed her feet.

“Avery.” She looked up. He was here. She walked over to him and threw her arms around his neck. It had been so long since they had last seen each other.

“I’ve missed you Nathan.” She cried into his shoulder. He tightened his arms around her waist. He had also missed her, more than words than words alone could express. “It’s been so long since I last saw you.” He held her at arm’s length so he could look at her properly. She was as beautiful as always.

“Sit with me?” Nathan asked. Avery nodded, smiling. She would always do anything he asked. Nathan sat against a tree and Avery joined him. He put his arm around her shoulder while she leaned against him. She wanted nothing more than to stay like this forever.

Nathan looked down at Avery with adoration in his bright blue eyes, when she looked up at him he cupped her face and placed a soft kiss on her lips. When he pulled away he gazed into her eyes.

“We don’t have long together.” Avery whispered. Nathan looked away from her. He hated that they couldn’t spend more time together. “My parents think you’re not good for me. They said you’re a bad influence on me.”

Nathan knew her parents would never approve of him, a delinquent. He had been expelled from his last two schools because of his behavior. He’d never been in a relationship before he met Avery. Because of his parents he had never believed in love, but this girl in his arms had captured his heart.