A Kiss at Free Period ©️

I watched him through the window, dark shades hiding his eyes as he leaned against the side of the school. Xander Chase was the resident badass at Fulson Valley High, and he had no problem living up to the title. He wore the black leather jacket, drove a Harley motorcycle--he'd even hooked up with a bunch of girls.

I still had no idea why he hadn't approached me, seeing as I was one of the only girls who hadn't hooked up with him. It wasn't that I didn't want to hook up with him. No, I'd had a massive crush on the boy since I was 10. It was that I didn't want to be another number to him.

I knew who he was. I had no aspirations to be the girl he'd change his ways for. In fact, I'd pretty much given up on him ever being a possibility for me. Especially once we hit high school.

But now, standing in a deserted hallway, watching the bad boy with his friends, I realized something.

Xander was watching me.

My eyes widened as he said something to his friends before moving towards the door I was standing next to. My heart raced, my mind telling me now would be a good time to run, but I couldn't move.

He entered the hallway, his shades pushed up into his dark hair, his brown eyes on me.

"Phoebe, what's up? Don't you have class or something?" He asked, making my heart jump when he said my name. I didn't even know he remembered me.

"Free period," I said softly, clutching my backpack straps. He glanced around before his eyes stopped on me.

His feet carried him past me, and I couldn't help myself as I turned to follow him. He peered into a classroom, pushing open the door. I knew I probably shouldn't, but I entered the room anyway. Xander followed me into the room and closed the door.

"Why are we in here?" I asked, sitting on one of the desks, my legs dangling. Xander approached me hesitantly, stepping between my legs and placing his hands on my hips.

"Is this okay?" He asked, looking into my face. I was too shocked to do anything other than nod.  His eyes narrowed on my lips. "You drive me crazy when you do that with your lip."

I was biting it.

And then he was kissing me.

And I let him.

He pulled away slowly, resting his head on mine and gazing into my eyes. I sat frozen, my hands resting on his shoulders. He smiled down at me, releasing a chuckle.

"What?"

"You're adorable, and I've been wanting to do that for a long time." He replied, pressing a kiss to the corner of my mouth.

"Me too," I admitted quietly, feeling a blush bloom. His smile grew into a full-blown grin and he pressed another kiss to my lips, longer this time, and oh, so much better.