𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

CHAPTER FIVE | THE KILLER

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

RILEY LAID AWAKE AT THE SALVATORE HOUSE WITH HER EYES FIXED ON THE CEILING. She hadn't really slept but when she did, all she was reminded of was Damon and Elena's antics at the frat party. Riley felt so conflicted about the entire situation that surrounded their relationship. She loved Damon to the point that she would probably die for him, but she also didn't want to be hurt by him again and that was why she had not made any attempt to get back with him.

"Get up," Damon ordered from the entrance to Riley's bedroom. He didn't have the same comforting tone that he usually used with her, which immediately caught her off-guard. "Riley, get up."

The strawberry-blonde tilted her head toward the door and rolled her eyes. "Oh, what do I owe this pleasure? Haven't you had your ass handed to you by Stefan yet after you dirty-danced with his girlfriend?"

"Oh, come on. Are you still angry with me about that?" The raven-haired vampire raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, right. I get it." A small scoff of disbelief left the witch's lips. "You thought I'd have a good night's sleep and wake up back squarely on team-Damon?"

"Kinda."

"You're delusional." Riley shook her head finally before she took a deep breath. "What'd you want, anyway?"

The Salvatore vampire let a small breath escape his lips as he folded his arms across his chest. "Your help."

"You can ask for it. But, considering I don't even wanna be in the same room as you right now, I'll probably say no."

"That creepy little hunter dude has hostages in the Grill." Damon shrugged nonchalantly. "Figured you'd wanna help save some lives, get your brownie badges, that sort of thing. Unless of course, you don't care?"

"I'll get dressed." The witch exhaled and rolled her eyes before she finally headed over to her dresser. She didn't want to be around Damon or Elena, but that didn't mean she wanted innocent people to die because the hunter was after her friends.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Riley and Damon headed to the Lockwoods, where they were planning to devise a plan of attack for Connor, the vampire hunter. "So we each take a different entrance. Hit him at the same time." Damon recited his plan to Riley, Elena, and Tyler who were all stood around the room with concerned looks on their faces.

As the doors to the house opened once more to reveal Stefan, who had been dodging everyone's calls all morning, Elena jumped up and ran into his arms."Stefan!"

"Where exactly have you been? I've called you like five times this morning." Riley turned her head to head to the elusive Salvatore brother, who looked more flustered than usual.