Chapter 1: Beginning of an end

The ambulance pulled away as all hell was breaking loose around them and Ash traveled off into the distance, leaving the Ghostbeaters behind so that they had a better chance of survival. They were all distraught and didn't want Ash to face off against the giant Kandarian demon alone. "We aren't going to let him do this right?" Pablo said as they sat there thinking about just what the next plan of action was. "Hell no. This isn't just his fight. This is all of us," Kelly said. It should be all of them fighting alongside Ash.

Brandy opens the back door to the ambulance and they all look at each other in agreeance. "We all do this together then," she says and they all nod. They jump out of the ambulance before anyone has a chance to stop them. It was their decision to stay and fight. There was chaos all around them and the city was being lost to the evils that the dark ones had brought to the world. Deadites everywhere and people becoming possessed. It was bad and was only going to get worse.

"We have to get to Ash and help him. Any ideas?" Brandy asked. She was still the rookie here and still learning on her feet compared to the rest of them. The feeling of overwhelm ran through them all. It was another level they have yet to experience. Every time they thought they got ahead, evil was one step ahead. It was time to change that.. They fought off deadites after crazed deadite along with the panicked crowds of people. There were fires, gunfire, and craziness surrounding them and all they wanted to do was find Ash.

"He went to fight the giant Kandarian demon so all we have to do is go towards that thing," Pablo said to them as he pointed in the direction of the demon that was destroying the city and everything around them. They started off towards the demon, fighting deadites and crazed demons along the way. It seemed as if they were never getting closer, never gaining ground until a van suddenly stopped in front of them.

The side doors of the van opened and a group managed to pull both Brandy and Kelly inside. Pablo was able to break free. There was no time to fight and the van peeled off. "Kelly! Brandy!" He called out as he tried to chase the van down. Too many other things were going on and the chaos engulfed Pablo before he had a chance to even get close to catching them. They were gone into the night of hell and Pablo was left there to try and figure out what to do.

Inside the van, Brandy and Kelly we're fighting the group that pulled them into the car. There were two women and a man trying to calm them down. "We are not here to do you any harm. We are trying to preserve you both," one of the women say. "Just how the fuck are you doing that? Ash is going to try and face that demon out there alone now and Pablo is out there somewhere now! We have to go help Ash and get Pablo now!" Kelly yelled out within the confines of the van.

"Ash will prevail and Pablo will have his own path," The man said to them as if they knew more. Kelly glanced at their hands.. They all had rings that read "KOS" on them. She recognized it at an instant. "Knights of Sumeria," she said while thinking back to Dalton.. She tried not to dwell on it too long. "So you know that Ash will win? That Pablo will be okay?" Brandy asked them as she glanced towards Kelly and then to the others. "Ash will prevail, but the world will fall into dark times.. We have to get you both to safety." One of the women said.

"What about Pablo?" Kelly questioned, noticing they had nothing to say about Pablo. She asked again. "Pablo.. What happens to Pablo," she asked clearly and precise. "He survives and has his own destiny," the man says. It sounded almost ominous in a way. The van raced off towards their unknown destination. It seems like the priority was getting them out of the city as fast as they could. "We must get you both out of the blast radius and get underground. A team will ensure Ash is saved as well," one of the women explained.

There still was a lot missing from the puzzle, but there was no time to explain. Suddenly there was a loud distant guttural scream that sounded as if it was the demon with a giant screech that matched its size. Kelly and Brandi both looked around and they really couldn't see anything. The van started traveling underground into a tunnel system. They both had hoped that Ash and Pablo were okay. The van raced as fast as it could through the tunnels, trying to descend as deep as they could.

Moments passed and it felt as if it was an eternity was silence until the van shook. It stopped and waited for the shaking to stop. An incredibly loud sound let out on the surface and the very Earth shook around them. Brandy looked at them all. "Was that a bomb? Were we bombed!?" She asked frantically...