50 Shades of Gallith Part 4

(AN> Probably the 'cringiest' smut to exist. Reading a lot of them to get some ideas...)

I walk across an empty beach, everything is still and silent. I sing to myself as I begin to float against the tides.

Mmm, the sun hits my eyes. I was enjoying that you orange bastard. "Alrighty Simon! Time to wake-" he's already up then, of course he's a true morning person. I go downstairs and its quiet, "Simon?" I call. "Si?" Oh, he must have gone to his own house. Well, this isn't his house anyway and even he'd have to go back sooner or later. I turn on the kettle and start getting ready for work, I'll have to talk to him about when we'll actually discuss the damn music. I sit, alone, at the table. I'm so used to a smart mouth interrupting my breakfast at this point, it's quite boring actually. I don't think I've wanted company so much in my whole life, maybe he's nicked off late and returning here later. I'd like a handsome smart arse making me blush as I get ready for an adult day, as much as I hide the redness. He'll come back, he'll want to see me. I look for my keys, he hasn't taken the car has he? We'll my Beetle sits proudly in the driveway, though I'd love an excuse to not go out today. I might have to if I can't find them, where the hell are they! I shuffle to the lounge and I see his jacket, I guess it's his 'mark'. It should be displayed for such a leathery accessory, I pick it up and the keys fall to the floor. Oh good on him! I loose things even when he's not here. Now I have to go... cool. I head for the door and an icy wind hits me, oh its far too early for this. I suppose I could wear his signature jacket, just for the morning. I mean, he's worn my clothes and knowing him he'd be all smug if I did. It slides nicely across my arms and it's quite warm. Ok, enough softy stuff you have to work. My conscious is actually being logical, nice one. I hop into my car, which is quiet and empty, I'm used to sarcasm and wit in here. I can't keep complaining, he does have life that doesn't involve me. Its actually quite boring when he's not around, normally I wish for alone time- all the time. Normally I don't miss a friend so much, but he hasn't felt like a friend since the beginning- he's much more than that. However, the next time I see him I'll show him all the songs I've come up with since he's been around. Maybe he'll do another surprise into work, this time I don't care about anything Veronica has to say. "Morning Robbie!" Her voice still annoys me after working with her for too damn long. "You're here a little early, is your friend not with you?" "No, he does have a life and-" "ohh, isn't that his jacket? You're not normally a leather guy are you?" I feel like going home at this point, "how you'd remember that is beyond weird Veronica. Plus I'd appreciate you not talking about him so much... it uh, bothers him." And he's not with you either, he's my guy! "Well fine, but its lucky you find friends as nice as yourself-" "ok I'm going now!" My god, she doesn't give up!

I keep distracting myself, looking outside hoping he'd be around. Nothing. I've had three women and one sly guy trying to 'talk', I bet Si would diffuse the situation. I've noticed that my attitude has change drastically since he's been with me. The boss has me putting stock into aisles, at least it'll keep my mind on task. I prefer doing this since it really takes me away from the clock, hours feel like minutes. I open the next box and see rope ready for display, I laugh to myself. Maybe he's home using the ones he bought, though I don't see him as a DIY guy. I throw away the last box and I can finally go home, it really does take the time away from you...damn. Hopefully there's a handsome smart arse waiting for a return of a jacket. "Robbie! Wait up!" Oh my god! "Telephone message for you", "from?" She cocks her eyebrow, but she seems nervous. Did he say something to her besides a message? "He uh, said sorry for leaving so early without notice and to uh come down to the pub to talk... business", well I know that he's fine. "When did he call?" "About three hours ago", "You're telling me this now"- "well he said to go there, I'm not talking about him anymore today. Or tomorrow, or if he ever comes in". I'm going to ask him to talk to her about not being so weird with me, but I sense that he already has. "So, whats this business?" "None of yours!". I practically skip out, I'm actually excited to see someone for once in my life. We can talk about music, its like he can read my mind. Perhaps he is my wife... yeah thats still a bit weird. I haven't been this happy to be down here since my last birthday. It looks funny seeing my little car at such a 'manly' place, well so others have said. I walk in and sure enough he's sitting at the back corner, the same table where I almost passed out in nervousness. "Hey Bobby!" Thats a new one, don't mind it though. "Uh hey there Si, good to see you living life without annoying me." Why do I have to sound like a dick to hide stuff, I wanted you around all damn day! "Well I hope me buying you a beer doesn't annoy you," "never, can't turn that down" especially when its you. "You've been cold today I see" ... "oh! Do you want it back or-" "no no, it looks good on you. Anyway, I thought we can come back to my place and play a little music. I've made a few bass solos from what you've given me and I reckon you can come and listen to them and see what you think. Might be awhile, I made quite a few demos." Oh thats awesome! "Maybe uh-" you can't be nervous with him now, "I could stay with you for the night then- if theres a few to go through", the biggest grin hits his face. "I don't mean it like that! I'd just like to go over it properly, cause I'm guessing that you make a mean demo." He takes a big sip, "well, thats a great idea." I skull the whole glass, "don't expect anything. Anyway, you've been crashing at my place for a few days now and I think you owe me at least a night and-" "and what do I owe you for this night?" As much as I hate him being a smart arse, I did miss him all damn day. "Well, you owe me those demos and at least dinner and breakfast since I've been doing it for you". "Seems fair, you know you can borrow all my things in compensation. Lets say all that and a peck on the cheek and we'll call it even-" "you were doing well until peck you idiot. Yes- only to you making me a nice damn dinner ok. Ive spent all day avoiding the demonic eyes of Veronica". He laughs, you're not victorious. I'll be standing civil grounds... a little. "All I'm going to say is that I wouldn't have minded you breaking into the shop today to-" "you missed me?" "I didn't say that! I just needed someone to tell staff and customers that I'm a worker and not a lover-" "so you needed me there with you?" Oh, he's good I'll give him that. "Ok, fine! I was surprised that you weren't at home this morning, the car ride was boring without you plus today's shift was shit. Ok! I wanted you there today and missed having an idiot around me to make me feel less dumb alright!" He says nothing, isn't this the point in the conversation where his next words me make redder than a fire? He's just smiling. There's no sarcasm or smugness in his face, but there's a kind of warmth in his eyes. He hasn't said anything for five minutes, he's just staring at me. Oh god have I finally offended him or something? "Um... do you wanna head off now or-" "good thinking! Let's go". He grabs my hands and paces outside, "how far away from here?" "About 25 minutes-". I don't see any other cars, wait. "Did you walk all that way here?" "Yeah, keeps me in shape". I could not do that, I love my little Bug enough to take her with me everywhere. "Are we walking there?" I hope not. "Well, your car is right here and I don't want you tired. There's a lot to go through" good.