Prologue

"Alright. Let's get this over with, shall we? There's nothing that you can threaten me with anymore. I don't care. I've lost the ability to. I've lost the ability to feel anything, really. And frankly, this is getting quite annoying." I said, not bothering with the blindfold or my chained up arms. I could easily get out of this, it's so old-school, but I'm so tired of running. It's starting to grow exhausting, I can feel the previous 200 years weighing on me. I heard a small click, followed by a little whirring sound, and the delicate beep of a heart monitor.

"Are you recording this? Hm. You know, I went so long without you guys on my tail. I went... so... long... why are you suddenly so... interested?" I asked. I don't know where I am, and I guess it doesn't matter very much. I mean... what are they gonna do? Kill me? I thought to myself, letting out a small laugh. They can try, oh... they can try.

"What are you laughing about?" The person, I'm assuming to be across from me, asked. Their voice was high and firm, it sounded like a woman. Her tone was serious, yet a hint of... something else that I can't quite place... nervousness? Perhaps, jealousy? No, it's not that either. Concern? Maybe...

"Mr. Garner, answer her." Another voice demanded, snapping me back to focus. This one was definitely male. It was a low, demanding, and almost cold voice.

"What are you going to do?" I said pretending to be frightened or anxious, the heart monitor quickened its pace a bit, a trick I learned a while ago. I heard a door close softly. I hadn't heard any footsteps beforehand, so someone just walked in. "Can you take this blindfold off please? I hate not being able to see whos in front of me." That part was genuine. "I really hate not knowing who is around me. I mean, for all I know, you could be murderers. Or those guys sticking me with needles all the time, god I hate them. They're annoying." I said cracking a small smirk. The person across me sighed.

"Mr. Garner, I'm afraid we can't do that. I want you to tell us what happened to you. And how you ended up like this." The female said again. This time she kept her stern, demanding tone and it didn't waver.

"Do you have a child?" I asked her. I heard a footstep and then she replied, "Yes, one, her name is Caroline. We talked about my children a while ago."

"Ah! Jessica! God, you always sound so different each time we talk. Remind me again, how old is she?" I asked.

"Mrs. Chaste to you, and she's 6 years old." She replied.

"And what would you do if this Caroline suffered the same fate as I?" I continued. There was a pause. She was thinking, the right question could trigger a lot in someone, and she was searching for the one for me.

"And what would that fate be?" She replied. I laughed, a quiet (small), and short laugh. Wrong question.

"What would you do if your daughter had to watch all of her friends grow old without her and live to see their funerals. The funerals of their kids, grandkids, having to give a speech about how they've known each other for however long. All while looking no older than... oh, what was it? Only 6 years of age." I asked.

"I would-" She began 

"-Wrong." I interrupted. "You wouldn't be able to comfort her, because by this time, you too would be dead. She would attend your funeral looking 6 years of age, with the knowledge of a 100 year old. And if she were to turn out like me, do this for every friend they have for the next 100 some years and so on. So to answer your question, I must tell you a story. The story of how this all started... After all, it's what you wanted right?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~