Chapter 1

This is something I'll never get used to. The sickly sweet flowers, strangers in my midst, crocodile tears and a corpse and having to hear lies about how the corpse lived.
"Mr.Hawes if you could say any words on your husband's behalf?" The funeral minister said.

I flared my nostrils and snorted and heard a low hiss coming from my Sandy sitting next to me.

I patted her her cool forehead and said "Calm down Sandy." Her hissing ceased as I stood up.

I reached to stage, looked the minister in his eyes and said "I'd appreciate it if you never called me a Mister I'll take miss or they but nothing related to men. You can sit down now." The minister glared at me like I gave a fraction of a fuck and proceeded to step down and sit.

I looked at the casket with the corpse his once caramel skin a milky brown, despite the make-up used the corpse's still looked waxy to me. "Melvin and myself...there's nothing I can say. The love the we shared was and still is between us." My eyes wandered over to Melvin's children his daughter Morgana rocking side to side wiping her nose "This cold bitch." She hissed.

I gripped the podium and clenched my jaw "I'd like to view my husband please just me and my companion. For a minute please."

"I'm not leaving him and the mute bitch alone with my father!" Morgana shouted garnering the attention of everyone inside. Both of Morgana's brothers took one of her arms and dragged her kicking and screaming as everyone else walked out of the room.

I stared at Sandy and she promptly got up and locked the double doors.

I walked over to the casket with the corpse and tenderly grabbed Melvin's chin and said "You never made anything easy for me. How did you fight off one of my best poisons that long? Well since I took your liver we'll see how, at least when I finally sit down and dissect it that will be some entertainment for me."

I watched Sandy walk to the casket and said "Mm." flicking her tongue at the corpse.

"I already told you, you cannot eat him I got a lot riding on this and the last thing I need is those bitch kids of his all up in my damn business."

Sandy hissed and flung herself on her back and laid there, stiff as a board.

"Fine Sandy, pout I'll let you know when I start to care." I said.

Inside the legal office I sat with my Sandy standing behind me in my seat leering at Morgana her husband Trent, Jonesy and Lawrence her brothers. They purposely moved their chairs away from myself and my Sandy which saved me the trouble of me telling Sandy to do it.

The lawyer smiled and said "Good afternoon everyone."

I smirked and said "Mighty chipper for such a dreary occasion."

"Mrs.Hawes in a business such as this I've found positivity and a smile can go a long way." He beamed.

"Mr.Silva I appreciate you for lightening the mood." I said.

"Sir." Morgana said.

"Morgana." Trent said.

"No I know how to talk Trent. Sir can we get on with this? I'm tired of being here." Morgana said.

Mr.Silva nodded and said "Of Course Mrs.Fouler." Mr.Silva picked up a stack of papers from his desk, cleared his throat and said "I Melvin Cleophus Hawes being of sound mind am not leaving my children anything I-"

"What!?" Morgana yelped.

"Oh my god." Jonesy gulped and broke into a cold sweat.

Lawrence stood up and shaking his head "No, no, no, no let me read that Lawrence reached for Mr.Silva's papers and Mr.Silva's smile faded and he said "Mr.Hawes, these will reading can get very tense so please understand those men outside my office are not decoration so let us please be smart about this."