I

❄️

Winter is finally here.

I quietly work at the cafe with my co-worker and bestfriend, Elissa beside me. Our cafe is on peak season since winter already started, many seek for warmth as they went for work.

As time pass, the number of customers we have to serve died down as darkness falls. It's currently an hour before 12 and that means we'll be ending out shift soon.

We heard the front door open and Elissa is quick to serve the swaying man, asking for what he want to order. But since the man is drunk, all I heard was his slurring. I quietly averted my attention to the new customer who walked in. As i was about serve his order, I heard Elissa's surprised yell that made everyone jolt from their seat, I immediately called the securities as rushed to the scene. Elissa was pinned down in the ground, the man hovering him.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN NO?! I SAID COME WITH ME!" The man got a good grip on Elissa as he shouted in her face, she whimpered under him and looked away.

I didn't waste anytime and got there to help her. Thankfully the securities are on time and the man quickly sobers up after he got a glass of water while of course, cuffed.

My eyes landed to Elissa and she gave me a timid smile and continued to work, I sighed and got back to the counter.

Our shift ended quietly after our coworkers arrived. In the lockers, me and Elissa are fixing our things.

"How are you?" I asked her as I removed the apron.

"Fine. He just startled me." She placed a hand on my shoulder and gave a gentle squeeze. I nodded and quickly fixed my bag before we go out.

We chatted for a while as we walked in the silent streets. We go to our separate ways after wishing goodnight.

I rubbed my hands to create some warmth as the night got colder and colder. After walking to the familiar street, I heard a faint mewl from around a corner. Worried about the creature, I tried to find it just so I can provide shelter for it. But I didn't just saw an alley cat, I saw a cat hybrid.

He wore ripped black longsleeves as he ducked himself in the corner in an attempt to try to keep himself warm, I called out to him and he looked at me with tired but still scared eyes.

"Hey kitty, what are you doing here?" I kept my distance as I talked to him, I shouldn't scare him or he'll just run away. He's shaking and I saw how his teeth chatter.

"P-please don't hurt me." He pleaded with a tiny voice. I shook my head as I struggled not to hug him. His tired eyes, baby looking face and plump lips just wanna make me curl in a corner because of his cuteness, but right now isn't the right time since he's pretty much weak.

"I won't hurt you kitty, you can stay at my house because the weather is pretty bad. If you don't like it there, you can leave. I won't force you to stay." Lies. I really hate to let him go in a bad winter season like this but I didn't really wanna force him.

He looked at me with hopeful eyes and he inches closer to me, a sign he's getting okay with me. I smiled and nodded.

"I won't go near you, you can follow me so you'll know I won't invade your privacy." The cat weakly nodded and stood up, wobbling as he did so.

"Do you need help?" Its a stupid question but I want to let him no I won't do anything to hurt him. He just shook his head and I nodded, walking towards my house. He kept a safe distance around me.

Once we arrived, I quickly move so I can lit up the fireplace. I dropped my bag somewhere and did a work, oblivious to the hybrid's eyes who's looking at me as I work. When the fireplace is okay, I gestured him to sit down while I tried to make some hot cocoa and some ramen

His clothes seems fine but he needs a bath. After I handed him a cup and the bowl, I didn't pay much more attention and quickly heated the tub, grabbed some bath bombs, shower, loofas—everything I think he needed.

A sweat rolled off my forehead and I'm literally panting when I go back to the living room just to see him sleeping in the sofa. I smiled gently and got some pillows and blankets from my bedroom before placing the pillow in his head and draping the blanket in his small body.

I stroked his face as I watch him sleep peacefully, tracing some scars in his face as I wondered how he ended up in the streets.

A yawn escaped my lips, I stood up and stretched before double checking the doors. I looked at the cat one last time before going up to the stairs and do my night routine and sleep.

A smile is etched in my lips as I sleep, failing to notice something in the darkness.

❄️

*looks at everyone shyly*

I'm really really sorry I was gone for long, my stupid self forgot the password of this account after I created my other account (´-﹏-';)

The plot is still the same though I changed some things so I hope it doesn't bother you.

Thank you for reading everyone & stay safe!