Summer love

I decided to post my Lellinger stories also in English. If you prefer reading them in Polish, you can find that on my profile.

! I changed their sport careers to make the plot work. Stephan and Markus are in the A-team, Andi and Karl in the B-team.

***

Andreas felt pretty lucky. Even though he was only on the B-team, this year he was flying to Spain for the pre-season camp.

Usually, only the A-team got to go abroad to prepare for the next year's competitions. The rest spent weeks in a hardly posh hotel in a German country where nothing ever happened. After the training sessions, your free time activities were limited to reading, movies or cards if your teammates were feeling adventurous. Which wasn't as often as one might think.

Suffice it to say that the Bavarian often had to go as far as bribery in order not to die of boredom. His pride and the sneaked-in chocolate stash had suffered. It was ridiculous how utterly boring his friends were.

That's why he literally jumped from joy upon hearing the news. His head coach was going to miss this year's camp, and as they were supposed to be leaving in two days there was only one option. The B-team was going to be temporarily supervised by Werner Schuster.

It was most likely only a formality and their assistant coach was going to be running everything, but it didn't change the fact that Schuster and his boys were going to Spain. Therefore Andreas Wellinger, an eighteen-year-old ski jumper from Rupholding, was going to finally live a little.

Carelessly throwing his clothes into the suitcase, he was imagining all the afternoon surfing that awaited him and hoping the gossip about the famous parties thrown by the star team was true. After all, there was no way he was wasting another summer playing Schafkopf.

Two months later

Okay, so the late night parties turned out to be a total bogus. The A-team, though more eager to chat or go out after the gym, didn't differ that much from his own teammates.

Still, Andi couldn't care less if they had watched soap operas all day. He didn't plan to spend any more time with them than it took to say hello. No, all his free time was reserved for one person. Stephan Leyhe, a twenty-one-year-old Hessian, who was still waiting for his first big success in the World Cup.

Their first meeting was a total cliché.

The B-team has just arrived and was finishing checking in at the reception when the more accomplished sportsmen showed up. Only half-listening to his roommate Karl, as the two walked to the elevator, Andreas was too busy posting his latest selfie on Instagram to notice the man coming from the opposite direction. Until they bumped into each other and his phone fell out of his hands.

"I'm sorry, I got lost in thought," he heard someone say as he bent down to pick it up.

"It's all fine, I should have watched where I was..." he started to answer before lifting his head to find a pair of brown eyes, belonging to a handsome man, staring straight at him. Only after noticing a growing smirk on the older one's face did he snap out of it with a blush and finished his sentence. "...going."

"Stephan," introduced himself the brunette and extended his hand.

"Andi," responded Andreas, shaking his hand and feeling mortified when his voice came out much higher than normal.

Suddenly, they heard someone yelling: "Stephan! Hurry up or I'm leaving and good luck finding our room."

"I better go, I wouldn't put it past Markus to leave me stranded here. It was nice to meet you. Sorry again for running into you," said Stephan with a grin and started to walk towards his waiting roommate.