The Adoption

The Honolulu Municipal Orphanage wasn't usually busy. But today, it was bustling with two grown men. Steve and Danny Williams-McGarrett. They were stopping by to pick up the girl they chose to adopt. The two men wanted another child to raise, seeing as Grace spent most of her time with her mother Rachel. It would be hard having a child, especially with their jobs, but they wanted to make it work.

The woman at the front desk, named Gina, smiled kindly at them. "Commander, Detective. I assume you're ready to pick up Marie?" She asked. "Yes ma'am." Steve said with a nervous smile. Gina nodded, walking off to get their new daughter. Steve was really nervous; Danny could tell. He gave Steve's shoulder a reassuring squeeze. Parenthood was never easy; Danny knew this from raising Grace.  Just then, Gina came back with Marie. The girl had long dark brown hair and a pair of brown eyes to match. The 13-year-old girl stood there in all her 5'3" glory. She wasn't as tall as Steve, but she was fairly tall for a girl her age.

Danny and Steve both gave her a heartwarming smile. "Hey Marie. You ready to go home with us?" Steve asked. Marie smiled and nodded excitedly. "I'm ready." She answered softly. After being stuck in an orphanage for all 13 years of her life, she finally had a home with Steve and Danny. She was really excited to go home. She now had her own 'ohana. She finally belonged somewhere.

After the papers were signed and processed, Marie became Marie Doris Clara Williams-McGarrett. She was finally home to her own family now.

She was home. And that's where she wanted to be.