Ch. 1: Whose Idea Was This?!

A sigh escaped his mouth as he clicked the back button on the browser. Another bad concept made even worse by bad characterization. The concept he was talking about? Character in the real world plotlines. Honestly, you'd think these 'authors' would do a better job keeping the characters as themselves. But no, they completely butcher it for some crappy romance plot. This sucks.

Our grouchy protagonist is a 19-year-old boy man named Zack. His straight brown hair hung just below his eyebrows, a stark contrast to his hazel colored eyes. The teen read a lot of fanfics online and fancied himself a sort of aficionado of the genre. The anime section was where he spent the most time in, and if you looked at his internet history, you'd find a lot of anime sites. Clad in a grey shirt sporting the Deadpool logo and a pair of jeans, then teen was always showing love for at least one fandom or another.

"I swear these people are idiots that failed English class every single year."

...Or in this case, raging at the bad fics he found. You see, Zack had a strange fondness for the self insert genre, something that was a believed taboo among the fanfiction community. He could see why, but he had a knack for finding a few diamonds in the rough.

"I need food. Seeing this crap is making me get the munchies." He stood up from his chair and went to the kitchen. He rifled through the fridge for a few minutes before pulling out some leftover spaghetti and putting in a bowl. He put the rest back in the fridge before putting the bowl into the microwave and pushing start.

His thoughts drifted back to the bad story he just read. It wasn't that it was poorly written, no, that was fine. What got to him was the fact that his favorite characters were completely butchered for the sake of a poorly written romance subplot. And this one really grinded his gears. Honestly, after only two days, I doubt Itachi or Deidara develop feelings for some random no-name they're staying with just because of prolonged contact. I mean, COME ON! Ninja are not that slack in their judgement or paranoia in a place they don't know! He shook his head to clear away the thoughts. Boy this is getting to me worse than I thought.

The sound of the microwave going off broke him out of his thoughts and reminded him why he was in the kitchen. Opening the door, Zack flinched at the temperature before grabbing the hem of his shirt and using it like an improvised oven mitt to bring it to the table. He cleared off the pile of Magic cards that were in the process of becoming a deck and set the bowl down.

Okay, time to destress with some dank memes, he thought, bringing out his phone and pulling up Youtube.

~o0o~

The sweet sound of power metal filled the two story house as Zack rocked his head back and forth to the beat. His food long since eaten, he got bored of watching dank memes and decided to just listen to music. Currently, he was playing Pokemon Fire Red on his old DS.

Maybe once David gets here we can finally get our trade evolution pokemon done. His best friend of 3 years had promised to trade their Boldore and Gurdurr to evolve them when they started their run of Pokemon Black and White respectively. That was roughly 3 months ago, and Zack was starting to get impatient waiting for his friend to catch up on the story mode of the gen 5 game.

A sound of the doorbell brought him out of his headbanging. Moving quickly to the front of his house, he opened the door to find another young man that stood just a couple inches shorter than him with shaggy, dirty blonde hair. What would have been considered fat from a distance was actually mostly muscle underneath a black Metallica t-shirt and a pair of jeans.

"Sup, weeb?" the teen asked.

"Not much," Zack replied, ignoring the jab at his love of anime. "How about you, nerd?"