DANCING IN THE RAIN...UNFORTUNATELY

"You have got  to be kidding me," I say, as rain spontaneously pours from the skies, soaking me and Kelsea immediately.

"It's not that bad," she says, ever the optimistic one in our friendship.

"Yeah, not that bad," I say, raising my eyebrows at her clothes that have already stuck to her skin. However, she is unfeigned, and continues to smile, spinning and laughing.

"Come on, Bea!" she sings, grabbing my hands and whirling me round and round. I try not to break my expression of utter misery, but after a few seconds, I can't help but break into a smile.

"Let's go onto the school grounds!" she screams.

It seems that I don't have a say in this, because I have already been dragged onto the field, twirling and jumping and, although I hate to admit it, laughing a bit.

I close my eyes and spin until I'm dizzy. However, when I finally open my eyes, I see that Kelsea has stopped, and is just laughing in a shady corner like some sort of Disney villain. It takes me a while to dare to look behind me, because I get the feeling someone's there, from Kelsea's evil look, but when I do, I see that Richie and Bry, the Populars of the school as I like to call them, are watching and grinning.

I glare at Kelsea as my blood rushes up my neck and onto my cheeks, but all she does is mouth, "You're welcome," before sauntering off smugly.