Entry 1

Entry for Contest Sixty conducted by Skipper_019 in her book Writing Contest.

LETTER TO EMILY

Dear Emily,

It's been 10 years since I have started writing letters to you every month. Despite knowing that I will never get any reply I can't stop writing letters to you. Sometimes our beautiful memories resurfaces while writing it which helps me to continue this my whole life.

Do you remember our first date Emily? I can't even forget about it. I feel that it just happened yesterday but I know that is not true. Your homemade food that I tested on our first date was so delicious that it still lingers on my tongue. Sigh I miss your cooking so much. The spectacular view of the city from the top of the hill during our trekking date was unforgettable.

Your artistic paintings of us together and our children are the best ones so far. I secured all your paintings in a safe place. Occasionally I look at them and remember our good golden days. Your pranks were so hilarious that even now I laugh out loud. I sometime use the same pranks on our children. They always laugh at first but cry afterwards as they recollect their memories of you.

Speaking of our children they're growing very fast. David our son is now 16 years old and has won the interschool tennis tournament just yesterday. Our daughter Rose is now 14 and she just passed the preliminary round for music competition and her main competition is day after tomorrow. Hope your blessings is with both of them. Now and then I wish you are together with us. Why do you have to leave us Emily? Why?

Sorry I snapped there. Periodically I get angry at you and at myself. Sometimes I want to let my angry out but I know that would result in nothing. Our children want me to stop writing these letters to you but you know I can't. I think this is the only way that keeps me connected to you.
Our neighbours and even our friends and family advise me to stop this madness. Time to time I also feel that I should stop this but my love for you encourages me to continue this.

I want to reverse the time to that day I let you go alone to do grocery shopping. I want to turn back the time and tell my boss to postpone the meeting since I want to spend some time with my family. I wish I had not left you alone on that day for some damn work. I still get angry at that bus driver for drunken driving. I never imagined that on that day you will go away so far away that I can't reach you. That accident had left a scar in my heart.

But don't worry about me and our children Emily. I will take care of myself and our children. So wait for me in heaven and I will definitely come for you when my time comes.
Until then I will keep writing letters to you and burn them in front of God hoping it reaches you my dear lovely wife Emily.

Your loving,
Oliver.