Cherokee

Hi! I'm Moon(Jbuggy100) and I'm going to tell you about my Missionary  experience!

First off, let me tell you about the group   My mom and I went with, called Christian Verterinary Missionary, or CVM. They go to many Native American Reservations in the US, Africa, South America, and A few other countries. They use their Veterinary skills to take care of people 's animals for low cost, from Cats and dogs to Goats and Horses. We provide Spats and Nueters, Exams, Vaccinations, and for horses,  we also do Coggins tests( blood test to test for Anemia in horses)and float teeth(Basically a horse dentist). Through connecting with the pets and their owners, We are able to share the gospel!

So, now that you know a little about what we do, here is My experience!

We had to drive 5 hours to get to Robinsville, North Carolina, in a remote part of the mountains in a Cherokee reserve.Thursday, May 17th,  we all met up, got to know one another, and Took a tour of the mountian, owned by the missionaries who were hosting us. The missionaries weren't part of CVM, but they had their own Center where they trained future  Missionaries. Our hosts had amazing stories about how they lived in  a tiny town in Kenya for over 20 years, spreading the gospel, Building churches,  a school building and Even helping the British Military, who came to Kenya for training. They were ministered to as well, and many of them even Accepted Christ! I loved hearing their story, and If you'd like to know more about what they do, I'll make a whole Chapter  on it!

Friday morning, All 12  Women left our Cabin on the mountain top and Took the CVM van down to the church where the guys stayed and where breakfast was. We did a devotion then  went across the street to set up our tents And tables to Treat the animals, and we're ready by 9Am. I was serving recovery, where A vet Student  a Vet, and One of my new friends(11 years old) were also put. As the owners watched us take care of their pets after they had been fixed, we got the chance to talk to them. Some owners shared their troubles and we prayed for them.I got to go out on a house call to tHe care of 8 goats and 7 German Shepards. We prayed with her as Well, and After we got back and helped clean everything up, A vet Student shared their devotion. We had dinner  and Even sang some Careoke on the way back up the mountian!

Saturday was just as exciting. We saw some penetration with their other pets and the owners of some of the favorite pets the day before were greeted like old friends. We talked with them more and  had a lot of fun!I got to go on another house call, this time a man with 3 horses. We didn't pray for im, and I regret not doing so.. After Saturday, 's day was over, two more Students shared part of their testimonies in their devotions, and It was amazing. Sunday was a bittersweet day. WE all had breakfast, then went to church. Our whole group began talking and saying sad goodbyes, Everyone already looking forward to seeing everyone ag ian next year. It was an amazing experience, and If you'd like to know more please feel free to ask in the comments or PM me!

- @Jbuggy100