Chapter 1

* Maven *

I scream loud and high, my voice echoing of the grey stone wall of the throne room. This room, this horrible room where everything came crashing down. Where she saw me as the enemy for the first time, in this room I lost all her trust and now I will never be able to get it back. I probably shouldn't scream again for a many of reasons but I couldn't care less if mother senses some vulnerability in me tonight. So I scream again and take pleasure of the stinging in my throat, just letting my pain go away for a second of two.

According to mother we are gods, we are above others but that cannot be true. If we were gods we would not have let the squarlet guard get this big, if we were gods we would not feel anything that might weaken us, if we were gods we would not die. But we are all of those things and that makes us human, that makes us on the same level as any other human. She was my equal, she had been in the shadow of her sister like I had been the shadow of my brother. If she could have just seen my intention, seen beyond the mask. But why would she have when I have perfected it over the years, now it is impossible to se past it, not even mother can. 

" Maven wouldn't it be a good idea to retreat to your chambers for the night " She says while smiling an almost cairing smile. 

" Of course "

My bed seems warm and welcoming as I enter my room, but I wont let myself drift of to sleep. It will show me the events of today and I would rather not relive them, I would love to change them completely but unfortunately that is not possible. 

I need to see her.

 I knew that my mind would somehow come to this conclusion. The real question is, how? How will I manage to slip away with mothers guards watching me every minute of every day. It will be a big risk, a risk I am willing to take.

The walk to the throne room seems to take forever but when I finally spot the large wooden door I wish that it would have taken longer. I build up my mental walls as I get closer to mother, she can not get a whiff that something is wrong. If she does she will rip me apart once again, like she did when I was a child and she will not be happy for what she find. The high houses are watching me with hunger in their eyes, looking for a loose thread. The will not find one, not today or any other day for that matter.

" Maven you know what to say " She whisperers in my ear as I sit up straighter on the throne.

" Due to the horrible way I came to power many traitors are at large, it is my top priority to find them and give them the justice they deserve. Once my former betrothed and my brother are found they will be brought to the justice they escaped " The High houses might think I am foolish and to young for this, but they are wrong. I have played thi game since I was born, they are the foolish once here, they swallow up my lies without another thought.

As  get back to my chambers I form a plan, it has to be tonight. So when the clock chimes eleven times I open my door as quietly as I can.

" Your majesty, we have orders from your mo-"

" Is she the king? "

" Of course not your majesty "

" Then listen to me, if any of you tell her then you and you families can say goodbye to this world "

" Of course your majesty "

When the cold air hits my warm skin I realise I didn't take a jacket wth me, but isn't really a problem since I am a walking sun. The thought makes me laugh a little, it could be minus seventy deggres and I wouldn't notice it. But I quickly stifle my laugh as two guards pass by, not wanting to get anyone else involved in my travel I hide in the dark. Slipping into the smallest of the jets and let it fly.

Taking out the small piece of paper I took from her with all the others like her. More powerful then any of us. The first name is in tuck, she must have remembered the first name, otherwise I have no idea where she is and that would not be very good. When I've finally arrived I go out and hear the water doing the winds wishes. Then another second passes and I look around lighting a fire in my hand, letting the light show me the grounds. Something hard hits me and everything goes black.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

This i my first "book|fanfiction" that I've ever writen, hope you like it and please comment what you think

thank you!