I Threw A Wish In The Well

"Joshua!" I squeal as he picks me up and throws me over his shoulder.

        "Don't use my full name, Carly Rae." He says with a laugh.

        "Then don't use mine!" I say, hitting Josh's back.

        Matt, Mike, and Ian all laugh as Josh continues to carry me around.

        "Well, you shouldn't have taken my spot and this wouldn't be happening." He sets me down on the couch.

        "You did get up and leave." Mike chimes in.

        "See!" I say. "Thank you, Mike."

        "Yes, but Josh called Tap Tap Seat Back."

        "Thank you, Matt!" Josh says as he sits back in the seat I stole from him. He sets down his Coke Zero and I walk back up to Josh.

        "Do you want to borrow my vocals or not?" I ask.

        "Of course." He says.

        "Than you'll have to be nice to me." I smile and ruffle his hair.

        "Not the hair, man!" Josh and the boys go back to working on our track.

        I sigh and go sit on the couch. With nothing better to do, I pull out my phone and snap a photo of the boys. I open my twitter app.

        "The @mtrench boys hard at work. Something exciting is definitely going to happen."

        I can hear their phones buzz but they don't bother to check them. Considering they're all signed into the Marianas Trench account, they all got the tweet.

        A half hour has gone by and no one has talked to me. They asked me to do back up vocals on a new piece and help with lyrics. I've been helping, but I think they got distracted and started working on another song. Bored, I get up and leave Josh's studio. I go into the hallway and start walking around his house. I am here all the time, so I know this house as well as I know my own. I walk past Josh's old street fighter game and smirk. He's such a child. I go to the kitchen and open the fridge. It's full of Coke Zero and I laugh. Josh is addicted to that stuff. I grab a water bottle and walk down the other hall.

        I walk past the bathroom, his guest room, and get to his bedroom. The door is open, so I let myself in. Josh and I are best friends, so it's not like I've never been in his room before. I go over to his dresser and pick up a picture of us. It's from we were on tour together a couple years ago. Before I even had straight across bangs. I smile. But his hair was still black and blue. In the picture, we are laughing really hard and we have our arms around each other. I smile knowing he kept this photo all this time. Not going to lie, but we look adorable together.

        "If only." I whisper.

        "Find what you're looking for?"

        "Josh!" I say, quickly putting the picture down. "I was just, umm. . ." I stammer.

        "It's okay, Carly." He laughs. 

        "Sorry." I say.

        "Don't be. I don't care you were in here. Anyways, I noticed you left and came looking for you."

        "Really?" I ask. 

        "Yeah," He says. "We're all going to go out for a bit. Take a break. Want to come?"

        "Of course. Where are we going?"

        "It's a surprise. Come on!" Josh grabs my hand and drags me out.