wow! you're in this story!

(y/n=your name)
First person POV

I was going to school this morning, walking along the pavement, when I saw what seemed to be a new student walking towards the school doors. They seemed pretty shy, so I decided not to disturb it. They looked like a big sock puppet. I just wasn't able to decipher what their gender was.
     The science teacher (she'll be introduced later in the story) greeted all of the students at the door as she usually does, and then everybody proceeded to go into multiple single file lines depending on which class they were going to first. In my case I was going to maths class first, everybody's faaaaavourite subject. Well, it's really my second favourite but whatever. I don't actually care.
       I got into class and sat down in my uncomfortably short chair. Even the one student with dwarfism claims that they're too short for him. Anyways, I was going off on a tangent there, there was Baldi (our maths teacher) sitting behind his wide desk. He waved and said "Hello, students! Today we'll be focusing on algebraic sums!" The class groaned. They never took a liking to algebra, but I didn't mind it that much. Sure, it's not my favourite but I certainly don't hate it. Anyways, Baldi gave us some sheets of paper with some algebra questions on them. But, when he got round to me, he kneeled at the front of my desk and whispered, "I need you to stay in after school. I need you to test a new device we've got for maths called the "you can think pad". You think you're up to the task?"
"Yeah. I would say I'm pretty ready to take up the challenge." I replied. He chuckled.
"Okay. Cool. I'll alert your parents that you'll be staying in for a little longer then usual." That was the moment I managed to make the biggest mistake of my life.