Sacred Meeting Place

Phillips POV:
I've lived in this village my whole life. I've never once left. It gets lonely here with no one to talk to. Of course there are the people you see in the streets buying food at the market and walking with children, but it's different than a family. I'm an orphan. I have been since I was two. Which was ten years ago. I've lived on my own ever since. I've never needed anyone to protect me. Which is why I scoff at the tales people tell of the Moon Gardian. Why would there be a Moon Gardian to protect the ancient temple? No one ever goes up there. It's too high on the mountain. No one can survive the trip. The Moon Gardian is said to be the most powerful being on the face of the planet, other than the other three Gardians. They are said to be brothers who live in separate parts of the world, so they can protect the four ancient temples of magic. But as I said, no one has ever seen these Gardians. How am I supposed to believe in someone if I dont know if they're real?

I was out doing my nightly hunting when I heard a twig break to my left. I turned only to see a bright silver colored light a few feet away from me. That's when the light turned and I realized that it wasn't a light at all. It was, in fact, a girl. She had long, silver hair that framed her beautiful face. She wore a silver and grey dress that stopped right at her ankles and showed off her bare feet. Her makeup and her glittery jewelry flashed. She was startled by my presence, and looked at me with her dark, green eyes. She also had on a flower crown, but the crown was made of silver. She looked almost younger than me, and she was obviously lost. I opened my mouth to tell her I wasn't going to hurt her, but she covered it with her small hand. Then she pulled me away into a cave on the mountain. And the last thing I saw was her face a few inches from mine, and her whispering,"I won't hurt you, Phillip."