5.

Jailbird out now:)

Jailbird out now:)

Chapter 5.

The  actually school building was another building situated just a couple of yards away from the apartment buildings. It had an old fashioned look about it with just a splash of modernized furnishings.

I hated going to lessons most of the time, I just couldn't wait to graduate.

Yet, I'd rather be here than at home.

It wasn't a money problem, even though my mother was now rich since she married a rich business man, but rather the lack of love and care I had growing up. I felt like an experiment more than a daughter.

My father died just a few years ago, he killed himself right infront of me and it blew me right out of the water. He was my everything, the only person I needed even when I didn't get along well with my mother. He left me with her and I took it in a bad way. I had learnt to get on top of my feelings before they destroyed me.

My mother was controlling, infact, it was one of her best assets. She controlled me right to the point where I just couldn't handle it anymore. The way I talked, the way I walked, everything. Being a lady was something I had to learn not something which I wanted. I wanted to be me, not someone my mother wanted as a daughter.

I just didn't understand. My father loved me, why did he want to kill himself and lose me? He knew how much I didn't get on with my mother so why did he leave me with her? I had tried to wrap my head around these facts for years but I couldn't seem to think of an answer.

I was quick to be nasty about my mother but her husband wasn't too bad. He had obviously taken my fathers place and was too blind to see my mother was a manipulating witch, but other than that he wasn't too bad. He was quiet and laid back and that contrasted a lot against my mother.

Living at home was hard when it didn't feel like home anymore. My father didn't live there anymore and it took the love from underneath the roof. I was grateful for all my mother had given me, a roof over my head and food on the table, yet I just couldn't bring myself to be nice about her. Growing up is hard but growing up with her on my back was harder.

I sighed as I entered the school building. It's not like I try to forget everything at home, because I know I can't run away forever. But that's all I ever do; run, like a coward. I don't look back, my body seems immobile even when I try. I barely regret anything, because I do things for a reason, and that reason is always enough. It was the way my brain worked.

"Emily!" My name was called as I turned to meet up with Katie. Mali was somewhere else, most probably doing her homework. "Do you want to-"

"Don't even think about it." I held up my hand as I laughed slightly. "There's only a week left until the school year is over, just suck it up." She groaned. It didn't help I had some exams this week to finish.