Introduction

Emmalyn

She walked out of the school building as soon as the obnoxious bell rang. She hurried past the depressed and the preppy to get into her plain grey car. Everything was grey in Capital. They said that bright colors sparked the imagination too much, and imagination would destroy the good world as we knew it. Everyone believes The Corrupt.

She turned the car keys and put the car in reverse whilst listening to the main form of entertainment. The news. It was going on about President Cunningham and her son, but she didn't listen. She was too busy looking at the sea of traffic and wondering if her mom would be delayed in the mess as well. 

She got home surprised to see her mom making dinner.

"Why are you home so early?" She asked her busied mother

"It was the boss's birthday so most everyone got the day off,"

"I see," Emmalyn said as she turned on the tv that was stuck on the news channel.

Now, Mrs. Cunningham, what were you and your son, Charles, going to do for your birthday?

She turns it off. 

They used to have other channels when she was little. She faintly remembers them but they got rid if all of them except the news and she didn't know why. The news wasn't even news, it was all about President Cunningham and her son. Boring

They had the same dinner they always had. Again, The Corrupt wanted no one to get artistic with the dish or anything for that matter. They wouldn't allow anyone to add anything to the bland pork chops and peas. If anyone did they would know. They have cameras everywhere to a point she believes it disgusting. She has found them in the restroom, with a clear view of the shower, and in her and her mother's bedrooms. She had luckily found a spot beside her bed where it was harder to see her; it gave her little comfort.

"So, how was your day, Mama," She asked as she picked at her food.

"Not much different than yesterday," her Clara replied "I just have to finish up some of my reports tonight. We might have had the day off but my work is never done," with a sigh she walks to her home office. She practically lives in there.

Emmalyn went upstairs to her bedroom and changed into the uniform like pajamas and lay down on her bed feeling uncomfortable changing in her own room.

•+•

She woke up to the bright sun in her eyes and put on her tan uniform with a knee length, white skirt and drove off to school. Today was history and today was also the day she usually  listened.

Some people thought Emmalyn was crazy for thinking against the government but they knew better than to report her. If they did they would all be accused of treason. Why? No one has yet figured it out, they've just seen it happen; it has happened to other schools.

•+•

She went through the rest of the day not actually paying attention. It was about things she knew so instead she was lost in thought, racking her brain for answers. She was asking herself why the government seems to be full of corruption. Why things are the way they are. She always asks these things but never gets a full answer. 

Luckily there are people like her but will she find them? They certainly can not say these things out loud or else The Corrupt will find out and will take them down. But she has to find others. She yet again walks out as the bell rang and finished her daily, and very boring, routine.

I'm trying out original oneshots! This is just a preview of what is to come! Depending on how much you guys like this I will post the next chapter. This chapter was mainly to give you some background information and I hope you like it!
Please comment, vote & share!

With love,
Kay