𝐓𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER TEN | CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

STEFAN AND RILEY HAD BEEN BEST FRIENDS FOR LONGER THAN SHE COULD REMEMBER, AND THE THOUGHT OF KEEPING SECRETS FROM HIM TORE HER APART. So, once they were deep in conversation, sat across his bed, she thought it best to tell him about the fact that she had slept with Elijah Mikaelson. She was desperate to get it off her chest, especially after Rebekah's classroom antics.

"You did, what?" Stefan's mouth gaped wide open while his wide eyes were fixed upon his best friend who sat opposite him.

"Don't give me that look, please." She groaned in irritation before she slung her head backwards on the bed.

"Fine, I won't. But, come on, Elijah? Seriously?" He rolled his eyes back at her before he finally got off of the bed and began to dress himself for the day ahead.

"I know, out of all the guys I could've picked, it just had to be him. But, I don't regret it." Riley immediately revealed when she saw Stefan look at her through her reflection in his mirror. "I mean, do you think Damon regrets sleeping with Elena? Does he even know I'm back? Does he even know that I know about him and Elena?"

A small scoff left Stefan's lips. "Well, has he tried to call you?"

"Yes." Riley immediately responded.

"There's your answer."

Riley groaned out with an exasperated sigh while she let her head dangle upside down from Stefan's bed. "I need to tell him about Elijah at some point, too. He deserves to know. But, I also deserve to hear about him and Elena, from him. I just—" She ran her hands through her hair. "God, everything is just such a mess."

"Well, you should probably clean the mess up soon." Stefan turned around and shrugged but his expression immediately softened when he saw how worried she looked. "Relax, okay? Everything will be fine." He lent down and placed a kiss on her forehead. "If you need me, I'll be with Rebekah hunting for the cure. Call me."

"You got it." As the Salvatore walked out, Riley felt her phone buzz within her pocket. The minute she yanked it out, she saw Elena Gilbert written in bold letters across her phone. After everything Elena confessed, thanks to Rebekah's compulsion, she didn't really wanted to speak to her. "I'm really not in the mood to chat, Elena."

"I'm sorry. I just didn't know who else to call." Elena spoke in a panicked tone of voice. "I know I'm probably the last person you wanna talk to right now, but it's about Damon."

At the mere mention of his name and the panic that echoed in her voice, Riley immediately sat up with wide eyes. "Why? What's going on?"

"He was with Jeremy but now Kol's got him, and I just— I don't know what to do."