Chapter 1: Make a Wish

Vianna laid on the hospital bed. The monitor beside her beeping, steadily. Her chest rose up, slowly, with each breath she took. Other than that, she laid motionless. Cancer. Leukemia to be exact. The reason she was laying in the hospital bed. Her eyes stared up at the ceiling.
What are the chances that me, out of the 7 billion people in the world, getting cancer instead of someone else? She wondered that, everyday. But her main thought was: You, having cancer, is saving one other person from this pain. If you didn't have cancer, someone else would. They would be feeling the way you feel. So, this is all worth it.
She's had this...thing for a couple of months now. Seven to be exact. It all started on a week after her birthday.

She was laying down on her bed. Her little brother beside her, as she read on her phone. She was going to get up to go get a snack in the kitchen, but as she stood up, she almost fell over, feeling lightheaded. She had thought it was because she had stood up too fast and thought nothing of it. The feeling, however, did not go away and in the next second, she was on the floor. Her brother heard a thud and screamed from across the room, asking, "are you okay? What was that?" After waiting for a reply for a minute and getting no response, he got up and walked towards the kitchen. There, he saw his sister, on the floor, laying motionless. He ran towards her, hoping she was just pulling another joke. Unfortunately, she wasn't. He soon realized and called their mom on his phone. "Mom! Vianna! She fainted in the kitchen! She won't move, mom! What do I do?!" By now, Vianna's brother, Jack, was in tears as he listened to his mom to check her breathing. There was still air going into her lungs, but not much. Her pulse,too, was slow, but steady. He called 911 after that, knowing he should've done that first. Fifteen minutes later, Vianna was in the ambulance, Jack right beside her. Once at the hospital, they took Vianna away, leaving Jack to sit down in the waiting room with a nurse watching him, since he was just 12 years old. His mom and one of his older sisters walked in,soon after. Worry written all over their faces. "Where is she? Is she okay?! Tell me! Please!" Her mother screamed at the nurse. At that moment, the doctor walked out. "Family for Vianna Montes?" "Here!" He walked towards them, a look of sorrow on his face. " I'm assuming you're the mother?" He asked as he looked towards their mom. She nodded, anxious to know how her daughter was. The doctor, then, pulled her aside.
"Vianna is stable now. I have to ask. Does cancer run in the family?" The mother was taken aback. What did that have to do with Vianna? "Yes, some of my aunts have passed because of it. Why?"
"Okay." He paused for a second. He knew this was always hard to hear about a loved one, so he took a deep breath and spoke the words that would change their whole lives forever.
"We ran some tests. Many tests. Retook some to make sure and..." he thought of a way to say this as less painful as possible, but knew there wasn't.
"What?! What's wrong with my daughter?!" The mother didn't know what to think. She wanted her daughter to be okay, but she knew that wasn't the case. Not this time.
"Your daughter.. Your daughter has cancer."

The door of the room opened, silently. Vianna heard it, but didn't turn to look.
"Hello sweetheart. How are you feeling?" The nurse asked. Nurse Sally. She was a really sweet lady. Young and full of smiles.
"I'm as fine as I could be." Vianna responded. She smiled at the nurse as she checked the monitor and making sure everything was okay. "Well sweetie, there's this charity company that called called. They wanted you to know that they would like to grant you a wish of your choice whenever you'd like. Anything that you wish will be tried to be arranged to happen."
"Really?" Vianna did not know about that.
"Yes. Do you have a wish in mind?"
"Are only a few people chosen to have a wish, or is anyone able to have one?" Of course, Vianna wanted to know.
"Anyone can have one, sweetheart." The nurse replied.
Vianna smiled, already having a wish. She needed to ask her mom first, though.
"I'll ask my mom about it later. Thank you."
"You welcome, sweetheart. I'll be back later. And with that, nurse sally walked out. Leaving Vianna alone, once again.

It was in the afternoon when her family came. Jack coming from school, mom coming from work, her sister, Carolina coming from work, as well, her other sister, Katherine, coming from home. The only person missing was her older brother, Jacob and her dad. Her brother was currently not in the state. And her dad was at work, not that he would be here ,often if he could. Even her best friend, Payton, was there. Her mom walked towards her and placed a kiss on her head as her brother and sisters said hello. They didn't know how to act around her anymore. She hates it. But said nothing.
"Mom. I've been given the chance to get a wish from a charity company." She blurted out.
"That's great, baby! Do you have a wish?"
"Yes, I wanted to wish to meet a favorite actor of mine." Vianna said.
Her mother didn't say anything. Just smiled, because she knew who it was. She knew how happy Vianna always was when she saw his interviews or his movies. She knew how much that actor meant to Vianna. She knew because every time Vianna talked about him, her eyes sparkled, a big smile always on her face. She called the nurse and soon, she walked in.
"I have my wish, Nurse Sally!" Vianna shouted, excitedly.
"That's great,sweetheart. What is it?"
And so, Vianna told her. Nurse Sally smiled seeing Vianna so happy, happier than she has shown since she got here. And the nurse didn't want to ruin her mood, but she had to tell her.
"I'll go call right now! Although, I want you to know that not everyone is able to get their wish granted. Okay? So, don't get your hopes up too much, sweetheart."
Vianna's smile wavered, but even though, she felt saddened by that, she kept the smile on her face and mumbled an okay. And the nurse then, went and made the call, hoping that they are able to grant this amazing girl her wish.
An hour passed and so far, Vianna has not been told anything about her wish. She began to think it wasn't going to happen and so she didn't bring it up.

Then, a couple of hours later, there was a knock on the door, her family had just left to get dinner. She wanted to be alone so she insisted they all went to take a break. So, she wondered who it was at the door. Nurse Sally walked in, a huge smile on her face. She didn't say a word as she did her daily check to make sure everything was how it should. After she was done, she turned to Vianna and said, "there's someone outside waiting to see you, would you like me to send them in?"
"Sure." She has responded, but before the Nurse left, she fixed Vianna's hair a little. Vianna was confused, but said nothing as she walked out.
A minute passed and then, the door opened. A young man walked in, his jacket hoodie up over his head as his face faced the floor. He stood at the edge of the bed and took off the hood, lifting his head up, a white, perfect smile on his face. Vianna gasped, loudly. Tears forming in her eyes as she heard the voice that she has heard many times, on the internet.
"Hello, Love. How are you?" He asked in that heavenly accent.
Vianna didn't know what to say, all she could do was smile as tears ran down her face. Tom Holland was standing in her room.
"It's okay, Love. I got you. I'm here for you.C'mere." Tom walked to you you in for a tight hug.
"It's okay, darling." He whispered as he kissed her forehead.
Vianna, soon calmed down. The smile still on her face as she breathily said, "You got me. You're here. How are you here?"
"Always. And well I just so happened to be visiting patients in this hospital when Harrison got a call about a girl making a wish to meet me." He responded as he unzipped his jacket. "I'm even in costume but I wasn't sure if you were a big Spider-Man fan."
"Are you kidding?! Spider-Man is my favorite superhero!"
They talked for over an hour, laughing and talking as if they knew each other for years. Neither of their smiles leaving their faces.

Then, the time came. The time where he had to go. The time she was dreading.He scooted closer to you, from where he had been sitting in the hospital bed with her and with the arm that had been wrapped around her, he pulled her tightly to his chest, making sure to be careful with the IV. He kissed her forehead, staying in that position for a while before whispering a 'bye, love'. He got up and walked towards the door. He turned around, hand on the door and smiled. "I got you. I'm here for you." He said. You smiled and said, "You got me. "
"Always." He whispered as he walked out.
At that moment, your family walked in. Smiles on each one of their faces as they looked at you. "How did it go?" They asked. Her sister, Carolina, slowly moved to the desk in the corner, grabbing the camera she didn't notice. She turned it off as she heard her speak with such happiness in her voice.
"It was amazing."
Carolina looked at everyone, nodding. Vianna didn't know they had recorded the whole meeting. That they made sure to leave without telling her they knew he was coming.It was Tom's and Carolina's idea. It was for her to remember and relive the moment, whenever she wanted. It was to keep her happy.

At the front of the hospital, Tom walked out. A smile permanently plastered on his face. The thought of Vianna's smile not leaving his mind. He got into his vehicle and told his driver to take him to his hotel. I have to see her again. He thought as he reached his hotel and walked into his room. He laid in his bed and whispered, "I got you. I'll be there for you. Always."