𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER ELEVEN | A VIEW TO KILL

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THE NIGHT HAD GONE BY INCREDIBLY FOR EVERYONE. Damon laid flat on his stomach inside the cellar of the Salvatore house whilst he breathed weakly due to the lack of blood in his system. The Salvatore wasn't sure which caused him more pain— the process of drying out, or the look on Riley's face once he looked to her for help. He felt sick to his stomach at the thought of losing her through his own selfish actions. But, if he was sure about one thing, it was that he needed Riley more than anyone.

The sound of footsteps approaching the cell caused Damon's eyes to flicker up to the door. He hoped that it was Riley, though disappointment ran through him once he was met with his brother's gaze. "You coming to snap my neck again?" Damon closed his eyes again. "Because I woke up feeling completely un-murderous so I'm pretty sure that it's safe to set me free so I can go talk to my girl."

"Your girl?" A small scoff escaped Stefan's lips whilst he tilted his head. "Do you mean Riley or Elena?"

"Riley." The weakened Salvatore responded with a stern tone of voice. Stefan didn't respond, instead he pushed a small vial of blood through the gaps in the bars and tossed it toward Damon. "Oh, man, really? You practically bled my dry. At least spring for a bag or something." Damon pouted and dropped his head back against the floor. "I'm thirsty."

"Pretty sure that's the whole point." Riley spoke as she watched down into the corridor with a bottle of water in hand. Damon's attention lifted from the floor as he laid his eyes on the strawberry-blonde, who placed a bottle of water between the bars. "If you're thirsty, drink this. Should help."

"Oh, honey. I knew you were a tease, but that's just harsh." Damon trailed off with a slight smirk on his face once he saw a small flicker of a smile on Riley's face.

Once Damon lifted himself from the floor and stumbled over to grab the water bottle, Klaus stepped into view. "Hello, mate."

Bewildered, Damon's gaze remained fixed on the Hybrid once he grabbed the water. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Babysitting." Klaus grinned. "Apparently, it's not safe to leave Riley here unattended with you in case you tug on those pretty little heart strings of hers and coax her into letting you run free."

"You're unbelievable." Riley's mouth gaped open in Stefan's direction with a look of disbelief on her face. "Have you asked him here to babysit me or Damon?"

"Both." Klaus retorted with a blunt look on his face whilst he crossed his arms over his chest. "Don't look so down, love, we're gonna have lots of fun."

"Give him a vial of blood every couple of hours so he doesn't desiccate." Stefan listed to the Hybrid as he handed him a few vials of blood. "If he gets too much strength back, or if he just annoys you, bleed him out again."