𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

CHAPTER TWELVE | INTO THE WILD

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ELENA AND JEREMY HAD SUCCEEDED IN KILLING KOL, WHICH CAUSED THE HUNTERS MARK TO GROW. Once it had grown, it had become clear that they had everything they needed and were ready to find the cure to vampirism. However, the journey to an Island off Nova Scotia was long and gruelling, though they knew it would be worth it in the end. Once their boats hit the shore of the island, the group all began to gather their belongings.

"Couldn't they have hidden this cure in Hawaii?" Damon glanced up toward Professor Shane, who wandered over whilst the Salvatore was busy sharpening some knives against a few rocks. "Where the hell did you take us?"

"Two-hundred miles off the Nova Scotia mainland. If you recall, the whole point was to hide the cure on the world's most obscure, desolate island." Shane glanced around, marvelling at the sheer sight of the island ahead of them.

"Huh. Well, I thought the whole point was so that big-bad Silas was never found." Riley spoke up, a short distance away from the pair whilst she flipped a page of her spell book.

"Yeah, that too." Shane commented with a bottle of sunscreen in his hand that he offered to Damon. "Sunscreen?"

Damon's eyes lingered on the bottle before him, then he glanced back up to Shane with an irritated look. "Is that a joke?"

"Right."

Shane twirled on his heels and wandered away from Damon, which left him in the company of Riley. He turned his attention to the strawberry-blonde witch, who didn't bother to look up from her book. "You, little witch, should've stayed at home."

"What? And miss this epic treasure hunt? No way." Riley chuckled softly once the group started their hike further into the island's forest.

Shane led the group of supernatural creatures up the mountain range, where Riley couldn't help but take in the beautiful views on the quarry beside them. Most weren't too happy about being led by someone they barely even knew, or trusted for that matter, but they knew they didn't really have a choice since he was the only person that knew anything about what they were facing.

A exasperated sigh left the human's lips as he held his phone up toward the sky. "Satellite phone lost its signal." He rolled his eyes and shoved the useless device back into his jacket pocket.

"Well, that's a good sign." Damon deadpanned sarcastically whilst took it upon himself to wander in front of the group, causing Riley to roll her eyes.

"Is anyone else a little creeped out?" Elena's voice echoed right from the back of the group. Her eyes darted around them warily whilst she gripped the straps of her backpack tightly.

"So, leave then." Rebekah hummed out tiredly. "Out of everyone, your presence is the least necessary."

"Please, don't start." The youngest Salvatore groaned out.