Fashion Columnist Writes Piece on War Hero Husband's Suicide

By: Rita Reskeet

SANTA BARBARA, CA - On July 31, Murrial Glass, a columnist for Advert Florida Fashion Magazine Inc., published an article featuring her veteran husband, Seymour Glass, and his said suicide. The release of her work is shocking to readers all over Florida, and devastating towards families who can sympathize with Ms. Glass' loss.

May 3rd, 1948, Seymour Glass was found on the couple's bed in their vacational sweet, shot once through his right temple with a Ortgies calibre 7.65 automatic.

While releasing a public statement, the police chalked Mr. Gass' death up to an accidental shooting, however an anonymous source from inside the Santa Barbara Police Department confirms that "For the good of the public, evidence hinting towards possible suicide of the deceased was withheld from the publicly released autopsy report."

"On behalf of the SBPD, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies. What we did was incoherent, and the public deserves the truth about veteran suicides across Florida." This disclaimed information leaves the public wondering what else has been kept quiet since the war ended.

In the recent years since World War II has commenced, some specialists argue that it may not have actually ended for war veterans and their families. Specialist Dr. Yerl Yangerfitz addressed the term applied to some war veterans recently deemed "Combat Stress Reaction", more commonly known to the public as "shell shock". "Combat Stress Reaction is a term used within military operations to describe acute behavioral disorganization observed by medical persons such as myself as a direct result of war traumas."

"According to Ms. Glass' Article, Seymour Glass showed many signs of Combat Stress Disorder, and the Glass family's situation in a perfect representation of how this condition may also affect loved ones of the sufferer," says Dr. Yangerfitz.

Publishing such a daring article could be scandalous for the Glass Family. Myrtle Jo'harty, Murrial Glass's mother, gave a brief interview proclaiming her thoughts on the situation. "Seymour's death was an unfortunate accident and my daughter is undergoing the grief of losing her husband, as are we all at this time. Murrial is a grieving widow and confused girl who ought not to be taken seriously at this stage in her recovery.".

Contrary to Mss. Jo'harty's standing, Ms. Glass seems to write firmly concerning the death of her husband. "He was never right after the war, my Seymour. He had grown accustomed to perform many sorts of odd tendencies, the habits impaired him from daily life. He refused to remove his bathrobe. He would not allow my tending to his washing, and his driving had gone strange," writes Ms. Glass in her memorial piece.

Despite the exponentially increasing number of veterans committing similar acts to the one of Seymour glass, skeptics of "Combat Stress Reaction" still remain. General Harold Hoffstein shares his view on the condition. "Combat Stress Disorder is just a fancy way for scared little boys to say that they were scared little boys during the war, but that don't change the fact that they were scared little boys," scoffs General Hoffstein.

Despite the controversy that surrounds Ms. Glass' idiosyncratic approach to vocalizing her husband's death, she plans to release a book this summer titled "Seymours Sunday Sight".