The Book-Nook

Britney sighed, she had nothing to do. Nothing to see, nothing to hear, nothing to explore. She longed for something more, a adventure of sorts. Sighing, she made her way to her book-nook. There Britney would spend hours, sometimes days, reading the wonderful story's that could only be of the imagination. She searched the shelf's, trying to find something new. Nothing. Britney growled in frustration. "There's nothing to do! Mother, what can I do?" She yelled downstairs.
"How would you like to go into the attic? You loved to go up there and explore the many things I used or read when you were a kid." Her mother yelled from the kitchen. Britney thought about it for a bit. She did miss the many trinkets and secrets that had been kept up there.
"I'll be down when I'm done!" She brought herself up the stairs and into the attic quietly. Going through the old wooden door that you had to open just the right way so that it wouldn't fall off it's hinges. Soon, she realized a small shelf filled with books she had never heard of, and ran to it, her hands hovering above them, ready to take out the first one that interested her.
"Oh, why would my mother keep me from you?" She said, almost to the books in a way, and was met by silence. Slowly, she pulled a book from the shelf. It was bound by a thick leather, and, from what it looked like, written by a steady hand.
"Lost in the Woods of Insanity..." Britney mused as she read the cover.
"How peculiar..." She turned to the first page, her hands taking in the roughness of the old paper, and her nose the smell of ink that has been trapped without movement for who knows how many years...
"Where our story begins," She started.
"Is not with a adventurer, nor a prince." Sounds came from outside, but as soon as Britney looked up from the book they stoped, so she cast them away as nothing.
"It begins with a girl, a young one at that." The sounds returned, but Britney paid no mind to them.
"And this girls name," Wind started to blow in all sorts of directions, though they were still inside.
"Is Britney."

                         Darkness fell. Britney couldn't be sure if it was her own mind that caused it, or if she was truly in the void. As soon as the thought hit her, she was back. But not at home, no. She was in a forest. A thick one, it wasn't like a forest that you would normally see... the trees had no leaves, and by that I mean no leaves at all. The ground was barren, and dry. More interesting than that was how there seemed to be a infinite fog that lingered. Clouds littered the sky and made it seem if all color had been drained from the world. In that moment Britney did question it. However, she had much bigger things on her mind. She didn't dare speak, the fear that a monster would jump from the trees and gobble her up. For you see dear reader, fear is a powerful aspect of life, and can twist and manipulate the mind. It then gives strength to the thing, and though not many realize it, you have already given in and lost the battle. Even if this fear is nonexistent, it can seem like it is. That is what is happening to our dear reader. For she has read many a story where not many make out alive. So that leaves us here. In the middle of a dark, dreary forest. With no means of how we got here, nor how we'll get out.